• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Four Favorite Movies (letterboxd style)

The Negotiator is another one i can’t not watch when it’s on. I WONDER WHY THAT IS?!?!

The stumbling upon a movie is one of the things I regret about having YTTV. It’s not the same seeing it on the guide as it is flipping channels and seeing it pop up on the screen

The Last Crusade
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Cars 3 (kind of joking, but also I really do love it and am always trying to get the kids to watch it)
Pride and Prejudice (Kiera Knightly version)

If I had to pick a catalogue of only one actor's movies, though: Tom Hanks

The Last Crusade
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Cars 3 (kind of joking, but also I really do love it and am always trying to get the kids to watch it)
Pride and Prejudice (Kiera Knightly version)

Oooo this is a good one. I’m going Gosling. Or maybe Buscemi.

The correct answer for me should be Paul Newman but if it’s a desert island thing and I can only watch movies with one actor I’m going Tom Cruise. Maybe not as many five star films but he only has four or five I wouldn’t watch 30 minutes of if it’s on tv. Plus I still get Newman in Color of Money!

Leo DiCaprio for me, but Hanks filmography is incredible as well. I wish he would do more comedies.

Stalker
Blue Velvet
Upstream Color
8 1/2

Fourth was really hard and was p much between andrei rublev and 8 1/2

Similar themes so went with fellini to avoid two tarkovsky flicks

Last edited:
If I had to pick a catalogue of only one actor's movies, though:

I think I go Nic Cage on this one. Really versatile filmography (and performances) that wouldn’t get boring.

Back