• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fred Phelps: Founder of Westboro Baptist Church

No doubt he upset a lot of grieving people in his life, which sucks, but I'd wager the WBC ironically had a net positive effect on public opinion for much of the stuff it protested.

St Ignatius is the old money Catholic high school in San Francisco. Lowell High School is SF's public magnet high school. Lowell had a production of The Laramie Project a few years ago and the Phelps clan showed up to protest. SI let out early so its students could go counter protest WBC. Justice Breyer is a Lowell grad.

Still a few more acts to play out in the marriage equality saga, but Phelps is the leader in the clubhouse for the Bull Connor equivalent. Santorum and Bachmann are vying to be George Wallace and Lester Maddox, with Franklin Graham, Ted Cruz, and Ben Carson coming up fast. Liz Cheney is the only one with a viable chance to repent, but she'll have to execute a sincere U-turn pronto.

They once picketed the church I worked at in DC. It was my morning to be out front greeting people when they arrived. They knew nothing about me, so it wasn't personal in that sense, but I've never seen such hatred/evil in my life. I think we'll all be surprised when we get to the other side, but imagine that Phelps is getting a few lessons.

"other side" you mean if we become Carowhina fans?

Back