• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

French Elections

Sad that Russian bots, some racist frog memes, and a bunch of rubes could take down America but not France.

Because we have the crazy electoral college...and an FBI Director who was able to intentionally impact the election for the side he supported.

A little-known quote from De Gaulle foreshadows what is happening in France and many other parts of Europe.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/05/de-gaulle-confronts-islam.php

t is very good that there are yellow French, black French, brown French. They show that France is open to all races and has a universal vocation. But [it is good] on condition that they remain a small minority. Otherwise, France would no longer be France. We are still primarily a European people of the white race, Greek and Latin culture, and the Christian religion.

Don’t tell me stories! Muslims, have you gone to see them? Have you watched them with their turbans and jellabiyas? You can see that they are not French! Those who advocate integration have the brain of a hummingbird. Try to mix oil and vinegar. Shake the bottle. After a second, they will separate again.

Arabs are Arabs, the French are French. Do you think the French body politic can absorb ten million Muslims, who tomorrow will be twenty million, after tomorrow forty? If we integrated, if all the Arabs and Berbers of Algeria were considered French, would you prevent them to settle in France, where the standard of living is so much higher? My village would no longer be called Colombey-The-Two-Churches but Colombey-The-Two-Mosques.

When did Steve King start posting on the boards?

He also isn't revising history. I respect that.

Did Friday night's hack against Macron piss off French voters?

That's a good question. Republicans rejoiced in the DNC hack and now deny that it mattered.

Some interesting charts in here:

French election results: Macron’s victory in charts

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod-us.s3.amazonaws.com%2F6c47766a-3377-11e7-bce4-9023f8c0fd2e

You still have Chelsea Clinton. I hear she is making waves in the Democratic Party.

The lefty won today because the conservative undid himself with a personal scandal.

interesting takes; Macron is a lefty and Le Pen is a man..?

So 11% voted none of the above rather than casting a vote for the opponent of the extremist. I don't follow French politics, but that seems a rather high figure to me and suggests significant unrest among the French citizenry.

So 11% voted none of the above rather than casting a vote for the opponent of the extremist. I don't follow French politics, but that seems a rather high figure to me and suggests significant unrest among the French citizenry.

lots of JHMD's in France, apparently

Back