• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Friendly's to Close?

LadyDeac03

Reaction score
Linky

The company, which employs 10,000, is swimming in $225 million in debt, and on the cusp of filing Chapter 11, the WSJ reports.

:tear:

Granted, I haven't eaten at a Friendly's in years, but I used to LOVE that place growing up. We frequently went to eat there after diving meets when I was young, got ice cream after cotillion in middle school, and then in HS we often met there after football games.

Reese's Pieces Sundae FTW!

icecream.jpg

And how could I forget coneheads! With the Reese's Pieces hidden at the bottom! Yum.

cone_head.jpg

Linky

:tear:

Granted, I haven't eaten at a Friendly's in years, but I used to LOVE that place growing up. We frequently went to eat there after diving meets when I was young, got ice cream after cotillion in middle school, and then in HS we often met there after football games.

Reese's Pieces Sundae FTW!

icecream.jpg

And how could I forget coneheads! With the Reese's Pieces hidden at the bottom! Yum.

cone_head.jpg

Friendly's on Midlothian FTW!!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUU
I miss Friendly's so much since I moved to NC decades ago, any time I go to any other state that has them I seek them out for a grilled cheese and Reese's sundae.

I used to pwn reese's pieces sundaes in high school. those things are awesome.

There's a location in Lumberton. Let's go try it before it closes. Probably the best place in town.

:( I always went to Friendly's with my grandparents when I visited them in Massachusetts. Loves the conehead sundae.

Their service is almost uniformly terrible, but the food isn't bad. I used to LOVE the Black Raspberry ice cream. My wife loves going there, and we usually end up making a stop there when we go to Myrtle Beach.

So this is what happens when Tiger Woods stops patronizing them.

I was never much of a Friendly's fan. My grandparents loved it though.

I did (do) still love Bob Evans. Can I have some biscuits and a big ass bowl of gravy, please?

In terms of cute desserts, Mimi's Cafe's kids meals come with a cup of dirt. It's ground up Oreos with vanilla pudding and gummy worms!

Last edited:
Friendly's has (had) a sundae with warm peanut butter sauce tucked away under the chocolate sauce and whipped cream. My all time favorite as a child.

There used to be one in Huntersville off Exit 23. Wife had fond memories of Friendly's growing up. I was unimpressed.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo. Nooooooooo.

My eight year-old self just died.

Back