• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Friendly's to Close?

WTF how did so many other people on this board grow up in Midlothian?!? Any Midlo Middle kids in the house graduate high school 2001??

There used to be one in Huntersville off Exit 23. Wife had fond memories of Friendly's growing up. I was unimpressed.

We used to hit that one once every couple of weeks. It moved across the street about 2 years ago, and then it shut down completely about 3 or 4 months ago.

I wasted my HS years being a jd in a Friendly's parking lot.

Peppermint stick flavored ice cream FTW

Long Islanders represent!

Is the Ground Round still around?

We used to go to the Ground Round for almost every special occasion growing up. It had free popcorn in the lobby and a decent salad bar. Other than that, I'm pretty sure it sucked.

WTF how did so many other people on this board grow up in Midlothian?!? Any Midlo Middle kids in the house graduate high school 2001??

I bet we know quite a few of the same people.

And I was sad when I went home at some point and realized the Friendly's on Midlothian by Chippenham had closed. Not that I should have been surprised since everything else there has closed too.

lol Ground Round. We went there a few times with one set of grandparents when I was growing up. But with my other set, we must have gone to Ponderosa twice a month. We were always there.

Linky

:tear:

Granted, I haven't eaten at a Friendly's in years, but I used to LOVE that place growing up. We frequently went to eat there after diving meets when I was young, got ice cream after cotillion in middle school, and then in HS we often met there after football games.

Reese's Pieces Sundae FTW!

icecream.jpg

And how could I forget coneheads! With the Reese's Pieces hidden at the bottom! Yum.

Mrs siff approves of this reference (wiping a tear as she considers the demise of the RPS)...

I bet we know quite a few of the same people.

And I was sad when I went home at some point and realized the Friendly's on Midlothian by Chippenham had closed. Not that I should have been surprised since everything else there has closed too.

That was a shame. That building has now been like 123,432 other things and they've all failed.

I thoroughly enjoyed their hot dog that came in the paper wrapper when I was a kid.

Count me into the Friendly's after HS games, concerts, plays, whatever camp. Food was good (as I remember it), ice cream pwnd.

My favorite thing about friendly's food was the kids meal pizza used to come with fries. Pizza and fries I thought that was AWESOME!

Also, my dad used to take my sister and I to ground round when we were kids, they had popcorn and a clown that would do magic tricks.

My favorite thing about friendly's food was the kids meal pizza used to come with fries. Pizza and fries I thought that was AWESOME!

Also, my dad used to take my sister and I to ground round when we were kids, they had popcorn and a clown that would do magic tricks.

Ground Round was the tits. I'd go every year on my bday and destroy the popcorn, subsequently ruining my appetite for dinner. Then I'd watch the old Betty Boop cartoons they would show on the big screen.

Back