• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU/Clemson to Big 12? Demise of ACC?

if over half the ACC leaves especially the NC teams we are the team most likely to get screwed. It will be WFU, Rutgers, UCONN, USF, and few other nobody's scrambling to have some CUSA of a conference.

Doubtful that UNC and Duke leave State and Wake behind. I think more likely is a conference of basketball powers forming including Connecticut and Syracuse along with the Big 4. Maryland and Virginia would be in this conference (even though Maryland thinks they wouldn't be) as well as Boston College and Pittsburgh.

If the ACC gets gutted like this could pan out in a worst case scenario, I will become completely apathetic towards Wake Forest athletics.

If the ACC gets gutted like this could pan out in a worst case scenario, I will become completely apathetic towards Wake Forest athletics.

I will still come and tailgate for all the home football games, because tailgating is awesome. And I still want to kick UNC, Duke, and State's collective asses.

So, in other words, we would return to what the ACC used to be? This does suck though. We raided first, so I suppose live by the sword, die by the sword. Get a real basketball coach now so when the chips fall, we have at least some value as an athletic program. Until then, we are chopped liver.

Last edited:
I will still come and tailgate for all the home football games, because tailgating is awesome. And I still want to kick UNC, Duke, and State's collective asses.

Tailgating Wake home games isn't really an option for me because I'm an out-of-towner, and I was assuming in my worst scenario that we would lose State and/or UNC to the SEC

So, in other words, we would return to what the ACC used to be? This does suck though. We raided first, so I suppose live by the sword, die by the sword. Get a real basketball coach now so when the chips fall, we have at least some value as an athletic program. Until then, we are chopped liver.

We have no value as an athletic program. We just have to hope things don't completely fall apart.

We have no value as an athletic program. We just have to hope things don't completely fall apart.

Exactly. I don't think UNC, NCSU, and Duke would have any problem leaving Wake behind if push came to shove.

Exactly. I don't think UNC, NCSU, and Duke would have any problem leaving Wake behind if push came to shove.

I don't think it would even take much pushing or shoving. The "Big 4" rivalry is not as strong as it used to be, certainly not between Wake and the Triad schools. We're going to get left behind if a better financially option presents itself for UNC, State, or Duke.

If this happens, I assume the ACC tries to grab UConn and Rutgers ASAP? Certainly not equitable replacements, but even though 12 is a more stable spot than 14, I think it would stave off any further poaching. Also, I would think that officials would have the green light to do everything in their power to make those teams lose on their way out. Haven't needed that for the FSU games, but it would be a nice change for when we play Clemson.

don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Back