• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU/Clemson to Big 12? Demise of ACC?

Exactly. And he ran off the best basketball coach we ever had.

No, that was Ron Wellman who ran off Dave Odom and Ron Wellman who ran off the best baseball coach we ever had--George Greer. All Gene Hooks did was keep our athletic budget in the black by doing what he had to to keep us in some money.. back then we didn't have TV contracts that paid us like we do today.

I'll give Hooks a little credit for Groves, and that is a reflection of the fact that he was OK in the beginning but got ever weaker the longer he stayed. Not much credit goes to Hooks for the Joel. It's a Winston-Salem facility. The city is lucky we play there. A real AD would have built an on campus arena. Wellman has done a lot more in a lot less time.

Not true. Hooks got Wake Forest to put around $5 mill or 20% into a public facility to we could finally get us a place to play. Dr Hooks worked closely with President Hearn to overcome 2 bond referendums that had already been voted down in the 70's & 80's so we could replace the old Quanset Hut. Dr Hooks did more for Wake Forest athletics than most people would ever know

We have the best place for our facilities and in essecnce have on campus facilities right on Deacon Blvd with BB & T Field, Lawrence Joel & Gene Hooks Baseball Stadium, plus the new tennis facilities. Look at all that parking. Nobody in the country has all that and it is one mile from our academic buildings. That is "on campus". Get over it people. That is where we are going to be for the forseeable future and that is where we have always needed to be. We don't have the traffic flow nor parking to have had something for basketball right at campus.

No one cares about FSU you stupid fuck. No one cares.

1319053488_obama-you-mad.jpg

Not true. Hooks got Wake Forest to put around $5 mill or 20% into a public facility to we could finally get us a place to play. Dr Hooks worked closely with President Hearn to overcome 2 bond referendums that had already been voted down in the 70's & 80's so we could replace the old Quanset Hut. Dr Hooks did more for Wake Forest athletics than most people would ever know

We have the best place for our facilities and in essecnce have on campus facilities right on Deacon Blvd with BB & T Field, Lawrence Joel & Gene Hooks Baseball Stadium, plus the new tennis facilities. Look at all that parking. Nobody in the country has all that and it is one mile from our academic buildings. That is "on campus". Get over it people. That is where we are going to be for the forseeable future and that is where we have always needed to be. We don't have the traffic flow nor parking to have had something for basketball right at campus.

spot on.

I'm wondering how many delusional conferences think they could land Notre Dame.

TV execs really want the Big East to die apparently if a partial member ND adds value. Probably would finally initiate the split.

I'm wondering how many delusional conferences think they could land Notre Dame.

I think that Notre Dame is finally realizing that they need to land in a conference to remain viable in the future. ND football ain't what it used to be. Not only is the ACC going to have a hard time consistently landing in that 4 team playoff, so it ND in the foreseeble future.

But the ACC stands a good chance of landing ND one of these days

I'm as tired of the F$U Criminole and Clempscum threats as anybody. Just just put up or shut up. And if you want go ahead and get the fuck outta here. For the rest of your lives people will always be saying Jim Grobe and Wake Forest ran you out of town.

What a bunch of worthless windbags!

Back