• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU Game Review / Bye Week and Army Game Thread

Bad loss. Program took a step back today. Get to a decent bowl and all will be forgiven.

Belk hopes gone. Pinstripe gone. December 26th bowl here we come!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got home from the game. Wolford stared down every pass he made. Worst qb performance I've ever seen in person.

Last edited:
Clawson should be beyond embarrassed by this performance. It was tough to watch in person.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Then you haven't watched many Wake games. Wolford has had plenty of games where his accuracy is way off including plenty of overthrows. The fact of the matter is he is not a good QB, and the offense we try to run with him seems to make matters worse. He is terrible at running the read option, either making the wrong decision and/or causing the hand-off to take too long. And he is a below average passer, making bad decisions where he goes with the ball, waiting way too late to release the ball on timing patterns, and constantly missing on open throws. So we end up with a shitty running game and then constantly miss on plays that would keep drives going and/or hit for long plays.
He also never looks off the secondary. You know immediately what he plans to do with the ball.
he isnt the only one

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Kearns probably isn't the answer. Relying more on the running game is.

Why is it that every single running play is off tackle? No sweeps. No end runs. At least we threw outside to backs effectively. Clawson's play book has about 6 plays. If we had a QB who could hit an open receiver we would be fine. Still, if Washington doesn't drop the damn touchdown pass and Armstrong's return stands we win easily.

Same passing, no running.

If Kearns was good right now, he would be playing. People need to get off his dick.

Not same passing level, the issue has to be knowledge of the playbook. No one is "on his dick" we're just tired of the same old Wolford shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the better QB knows fewer plays, run the plays he knows.

I'd start with getting rid of the pages in the playbook that have us throwing the ball to the other team.

Wolford shouldn't throw the ball more than 15 times a game.

Clawson's offense was the nail in the coffin for Fulmer at Tennessee. Thanks for more of the same today.

Wolf was dreadful, but keep it on the ground and quick routes to Tabari, Chuck, Cortez, and Serigne would've gotten the job done today. Just an awful job by the coaching staff.

Just got home from the game. Wolford stared down every pass he made. Worste qb performance I've ever seen in person.

I give Wolford the benefit of the doubt and assume that it is due to all the hits he has taken throughout his career. I feel for him, but the fact of the matter is our offense is completely inept when he is in there. If we want to have any chance to win, then he cannot be on the field. Hopefully Hinton can finish out the season. If not, I just don't see how the offense can be any worse with Hearns. Of course you would have to adjust the scheme some (lose the read option), and this staff has not shown any indication that they can adjust a scheme to the personnel. It seems that our offense is constantly trying to stick a square peg into a round hole.

Back