• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

Well, we have Kenneth Walker who has shown great explosiveness and ability to make people miss...……..and he has gotten 5-6 carries in the last 2 1/2 games.

Trust me, I love him. I can’t decide what on earth he did to end up in this big of a dog house, but the people we play? Not getting it done. Not even close.

Its pouring rain now. Good time to run the ball with Walker. Or throw to Surratt every fucking play.

Well thank God there’s the shitty Wake Forest commercial to take my mind off the shitty Wake Forest football performance

Wake Forest game plan: run, run, pass. run, run, pass. run, run, throw it to Stonehands. Disappointed in our play calling thus far. If we lose, no other place to look other than 4 red zone trips with 4 field goals.

Well, we have Kenneth Walker who has shown great explosiveness and ability to make people miss...……..and he has gotten 5-6 carries in the last 2 1/2 games.

I think walker has struggled in pass protection. With only one experienced QB right now, might be why he’s not getting a ton of touches. But still should get rotated in and out more. He has to be on the field.

Do we have single decent rb?? It’s clear the answer is no. FSU knows this. So why are we fucking running the ball over and over. BS wouldn’t get this kind of PR on a junior college team.

I think the problem is not the running back today. It is the scheme of using Hartman as a potential running back. He clearly is playing on one leg and is not going to run unless he has too. I think we have to start passing on first downs to keep the defense guessing. I would not be surprised if he has a serious injury to his foot.

I have pretty much accepted that we are never going to run a trick play, but could we get some sort of deception or misdirection?

We act like we are Alabama and we can just run our base offense and overpower FSU.

So you thought our play calling was good in the red zone? Is there any misdirection in our offense at all?

I have pretty much accepted that we are never going to run a trick play, but could we get some sort of deception of misdirection?

We act like we are Alabama and we can just run our base offense and overpower FSU.

I think the problem is not the running back today. It is the scheme of using Hartman as a potential running back. He clearly is playing on one leg and is not going to run unless he has too. I think we have to start passing on first downs to keep the defense guessing. I would not be surprised if he has a serious injury to his foot.

True. He’s also not the runner that Newman is, but our rbs have been less than awful.

That Virginia tech team that was dead 2 weeks ago could very likely have the same record as us after tonight

If I'm FSU I ride Ackers until Wake shows they can stop him. Uses the clock and limits Wake's possessions. Seems pretty simple. Maybe FSU's staff is dumber than ours?

I shudder to think what this team would look like without Sage. Kid is putting the program on his back.

Jamie should come out with pads on, Even if it's a decoy move.

2 for 39.99? Free shipping? And the atomic beam flashlight? Oh hell yes.

The really bad part it's not our 'Red Zone' offense, it's our 1st and goal offense. Not like we are getting stopped before the 10.

This isn't about scheme, or individual guys having a bad game, or poor coaching. This is reality. We don't have the athletes to compete with most teams. If we did we wouldn't have to run this funky mesh point, and high tempo. It's decent coaching actually because we can't line up and win the line of scrimmage...never. In a half we could have dominated we just can't line up and win any matchups except for Surratt, who is legit. We are LOWF. I've said it all season, 8 wins is very good for this team IF they can get it. We're not gonna dominate any of our ACC opponents no matter how bad they are.

This game isn’t about Jacks and Jills. All I have to do is look at Florida State and see that their guys are fat, out of shape, and fairly slow. Blackman is a shitshow at QB. This is about 4 FGs and no TDs. No excuse for that except X’s and O’s

This isn't about scheme, or individual guys having a bad game, or poor coaching. This is reality. We don't have the athletes to compete with most teams. If we did we wouldn't have to run this funky mesh point, and high tempo. It's decent coaching actually because we can't line up and win the line of scrimmage...never. In a half we could have dominated we just can't line up and win any matchups except for Surratt, who is legit. We are LOWF. I've said it all season, 8 wins is very good for this team IF they can get it. We're not gonna dominate any of our ACC opponents no matter how bad they are.

Total BS. The same athletes that march us into the red zone are on the field when we scrimmage in the red zone. Maybe it's the play calls that change? 230 yards in offense in a half should net more than 12 points. If we don't have the athletes, how did we get those 230 yards?

Back