• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU QB on Sat?

That would be nice, but our offense has trouble pounding the ball and eating clock. We've got to be aggressive and put up a ton of points on the board. If we try to grind it out, we'll be down 2 or 3 TDs after several 3 and outs.

Agreed, theirs no way we run effectively on a regular basis with our shotgun formations against a fast/athletic fsu defense.. We need to try to score early and often and get them unsettled playing catch-up.. hopefully leading to some turnovers. We absolutely must win the turnover battle.

Yep. I'll add that I think we're going to see plenty of new wrinkles on offense over the next two weeks. The schedule worked out well to go and play 4 bad to mediocre opponents while adding some things in gradually for the big dogs at home. For example, I think the o/u on carries by Givens and Camp is 7.5.

Yep. I'll add that I think we're going to see plenty of new wrinkles on offense over the next two weeks. The schedule worked out well to go and play 4 bad to mediocre opponents while adding some things in gradually for the big dogs at home. For example, I think the o/u on carries by Givens and Camp is 7.5.

Do you think we will see any completely new formations? I would like to think that the coaches know that will have to throw something new at them... Being so one dimensional on offense and FSU having two weeks to watch film might call for something new to be blended in with the current playbook and throw them a curveball.. WR passes and reverses aren't going to fool them, need real outside the box thinking.

Wouldn't surprise me. Obviously, I'd love to see more I-formation or just Price under center in one-back sets. Wouldn't mind ditching that offset Pistol or whatever.

I just hope Grobe and Lobo realize they've got the best QB on the field and use him. I hope the defensive staff balances between being safe and aggressive. I just think our guys will have trouble getting Manuel down, so contain may be a better move. If so, our secondary will have to be up to the task, especially on 3rd down.

From my FSU friend:

"An insider opinion, I don't think EJ will start but if we are struggling he might come in. He said he was going to play this weekend but after reading the practice reports where he still seems to have discomfort just doing shell drills with no contact I can't imagine he will be 100% by this weekend."

I kind of agree with your friend as I don't think its cut and dry who is starting. I would give EJ a 60% chance if i was doing percentages.

From my FSU friend:

"An insider opinion, I don't think EJ will start but if we are struggling he might come in. He said he was going to play this weekend but after reading the practice reports where he still seems to have discomfort just doing shell drills with no contact I can't imagine he will be 100% by this weekend."

I'd guess that even if EJ starts, if he isn't on fire quickly the 2nd QB could see some time.

Racer says there will be an atmosphere with particular elements of weather involved ...has anyone heard about the wind!!!!?

Color me 'clouded with concern' :( !!!

It's past time for the defense or special teams to put a few points on the board. Block a punt for a TD, an INT for a TD, a kick return for a TD. Something like that needs to happen for Wake to get a W.

It's past time for the defense or special teams to put a few points on the board. Block a punt for a TD, an INT for a TD, a kick return for a TD. Something like that needs to happen for Wake to get a W.

I tend to agree with this. We're going to have to win the turnover battle as well.

As crazy as this sounds, I woke up this morning and thought our best chance to WIN this game is to be patient.

As in run the damn ball with Harris/Pender/and Even give it to Bohanon and let him pound on them. 2, 3, 4 yards and keep pounding them. Eat some clock and then surprise them with Givens/Camp.

A shootout - I never like the Deacs in a shootout even though yesterday I was thinking a game in the high 30's.

Today, I say smack them straight in the mouth to neutralize their speed and be patient enough to appreciate short gains running it.

As Ph and others alluded to, this strategy sounds good but for the fact we are last in the ACC in yards per carry. I think we have to hope our passing attack scores enough points to win.

As Ph and others alluded to, this strategy sounds good but for the fact we are last in the ACC in yards per carry. I think we have to hope our passing attack scores enough points to win.

Plus, after getting shutout against the Noles last year, I think it's important we score early in this one and really need it to be a touchdown.

Good. Who is FSU's third string QB? We will probably see him too after Tricker gets taken out.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I cant see that from a team with 3 sacks total. No offense but i could see price out again befote Trick.

trickett playing really is good news if it turns out to be true IMO. he's a better traditional QB than manuel, but i think not having that dual threat will be easier on the D, as many have said.

playing against the triple option and playing against wilson in recent history has been kind of challenging to our D in recent years, and a more conventional threat should be more along the lines of what our D is used to seeing.

Good. Who is FSU's third string QB? We will probably see him too after Tricker gets taken out.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

If Oklahoma and Clemson were unable to take him out while he was taking their best shot, I don't see him leaving this game unless he plays just very badly. Especially with our weak pass rush.

Back