• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, NATHAN HATCH?

This is so petty. As someone in academia, I damn well hope the president isn’t wasting his time thinking about the success of our basketball team. We have an AD for this purpose.

If the President isn't thinking about the job that the highest paid and most public facing employee of the school is doing, I'd be concerned.

Last edited:
You would have to ask Nathan, but have been reliably told that Hatch is fond of Danny Manning.

Sometimes, those that post here have to separate their perception of people that they like or hate as an athlete or coach versus who they are as a person. There has been so much vitriol (mostly justified) thrown at Danny Manning as a coach that some have transformed that hate into mistakenly assuming that Manning is a bad person. I don't know Manning, but from those that I have talked to that have a reason to know, Danny Manning is an honorable man. He just isn't suited to coach WF basketball.

Just as fans need to be careful about allowing poor performance to merge into a mis-assessment of character, Hatch needs to separate his respect for Manning as person from his undeniable failure as a coach.

This. thank you.

It’s probably as simple as Hatch being a basketball fan and he liked Manning as a player.

It's even simpler: $$$$$$$. Wellman agreed to the Worst Coaching Contract in World History. Wake cannot afford the buy-out. Nothing more, nothing less. And yes, Nathan Hatch and the BoT deserve a full share of the blame. They blessed it.

All/Mods - I am all for the occasional F-bomb, but do not think it's appropriate as a thread title, especially when referring to our school president. While Hatch has certainly screwed up (bigtime) in his premature/blind support for numerous athletic program blunders, let's try to keep it somewhat classy in a public forum. I am speaking as someone who cares tremendously about our school and reputation. Fuck Duke.

All/Mods - I am all for the occasional F-bomb, but do not think it's appropriate as a thread title, especially when referring to our school president. While Hatch has certainly screwed up (bigtime) in his premature/blind support for numerous athletic program blunders, let's try to keep it somewhat classy in a public forum. I am speaking as someone who cares tremendously about our school and reputation. Fuck Duke.

I mean, it DOES have a question mark at the end...

Nah .

Next step is the f*** Wake Forest thread. Just another two steps into crazy town for some folks around here.

Back