• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

Sign idea for next home game:

Section 116: FIRE
Section 117: RON
Section 118: WELLMAN

This thread should be pinned to the top.

It took every bit of restraint yesterday not to scream at the top of my lungs "RON, THIS IS YOUR FAULT" when he was presenting the awards at halftime. I didn't want to take away from anyone's moment, but enough is enough. How in the hell is he still sitting on his high horse? He has single handedly ruined the program.

The below video should be emailed to him on a daily basis. How does he sleep at night knowing what he has done?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxc9UDLMesk

Wellmanr@wfu.edu

Here you go.

We were closing out the end-of-season meltdown in Dino’s final year, I can’t even remember who we were playing...anyway, some guy in the seats behind RW spent the entire game (we were getting beat) screaming at Dino, holding his loudest insults for times when there was a lull in the cheering. Dino’s wife stood up and glared at this guy for what seemed like an eternity. It was really uncomfortable. Ron. Did. Nothing. Not a glance, not a wince, he just blankly stared ahead, occasionally playing with the grandkids and chatting with a few people around him.

After halftime, the guy turned his insults toward Ron. Nothing horrible, just stuff about the hire and how Dino should be fired.

Ron got up, stared at Dino across the court, and walked out.

Where is this guy? Has he given up, too?

I sit about 15 rows behind Manning and screamed at him 1) to “put Hoard in the game, you moron” and 2) resign, you moron”. We were losing 18-0 and 35-6 when I screamed those 2 things. Apparently, my yelling offended some Deacon Club members. One turned around and told me to go home. I didn’t take kindly to his advice, but took it after watching the Hall of Fame ceremony. I don’t sit near RW, and won’t return to the Joel until bozo Manning is fired, but I would say something to him if I saw him at a game. I would be polite, but to the point. Why is everyone scared of Ronny?

This thread should be pinned to the top.

It took every bit of restraint yesterday not to scream at the top of my lungs "RON, THIS IS YOUR FAULT" when he was presenting the awards at halftime. I didn't want to take away from anyone's moment, but enough is enough. How in the hell is he still sitting on his high horse? He has single handedly ruined the program.

The below video should be emailed to him on a daily basis. How does he sleep at night knowing what he has done?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxc9UDLMesk

Damn that video makes me want to cry.

I sit about 15 rows behind Manning and screamed at him 1) to “put Hoard in the game, you moron” and 2) resign, you moron”. We were losing 18-0 and 35-6 when I screamed those 2 things. Apparently, my yelling offended some Deacon Club members. One turned around and told me to go home. I didn’t take kindly to his advice, but took it after watching the Hall of Fame ceremony. I don’t sit near RW, and won’t return to the Joel until bozo Manning is fired, but I would say something to him if I saw him at a game. I would be polite, but to the point. Why is everyone scared of Ronny?

Being an asshole to someone who could be a friend is childish, classless and shows a lot about you. But you will NEVER reach the status you desire.

Orca-fat guy in a crowd pseudo-tough guy. What a GREAT aspiration!

This is super embarrassing for you and you should not tell this story to anyone you want to consider you an adult.

not many of the highlights in the video are in high def, a true reflection of the past decade of wake hoops.

Is there a way to see how many unique posters have posted in this thread? I’m tired of people saying that only the “fanatical fringe fan” has these feelings of hatred for Wellman...

This is super embarrassing for you and you should not tell this story to anyone you want to consider you an adult.

I would yell at Manning again if I planned to go back to the Joel while he is coaching. He had Hoard on the bench for the first 8 minutes of the game against Carolina as we fell behind 18-0 and 23-3 in the worst loss in the history of the rivalry. He’s a moron and should have been fired weeks ago. So you keep going to the games and behave like a Ronnie clone.

Being an asshole to someone who could be a friend is childish, classless and shows a lot about you. But you will NEVER reach the status you desire.

Orca-fat guy in a crowd pseudo-tough guy. What a GREAT aspiration!
I’m not overweight and don’t want to be friends with Manning. I’m not the first nor will I be the last WFU fan to yell at Manning. No wonder the beat writer called the fans “apathetic” with Manning supporters like you sitting quietly as we got embarrassed yet again.

Is there a way to see how many unique posters have posted in this thread? I’m tired of people saying that only the “fanatical fringe fan” has these feelings of hatred for Wellman...
I'm sure the mods have better tools but from the thread list page you can click on the number of posts in the thread, which opens a "Who Posted" window. You can either count that list or copy/paste into an excel/sheets doc to use numbered cells to count.

This thread has 240 unique posters.

I'm sure the mods have better tools but from the thread list page you can click on the number of posts in the thread, which opens a "Who Posted" window. You can either count that list or copy/paste into an excel/sheets doc to use numbered cells to count.

This thread has 240 unique posters.

Just in case I am not on that list: Fuck You, Wellman.

Dude here's the deal though we no longer have an actual fanbase. There are a handful of blue hairs, sunshine brigade, and Wellman ball lickers that are supporting the program. Anyone else still self loathing enough to be still hanging around for this dumpster fire is a part of the radical fringe. There's no middle anymore because all of them packed up went home, and bought a UNC sweatshirt a long time ago.

I would yell at Manning again if I planned to go back to the Joel while he is coaching. He had Hoard on the bench for the first 8 minutes of the game against Carolina as we fell behind 18-0 and 23-3 in the worst loss in the history of the rivalry. He’s a moron and should have been fired weeks ago. So you keep going to the games and behave like a Ronnie clone.

If Hoard had been in the game we may have only been down 18-6 and 23-8 or whatever. It wouldn't have made much difference.

http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com...t-the-battle-over-[Redacted]-is-still-raging/

It must be asked, was this WFU22FAN??

It’s a disagreement that played out in front of everyone in attendance at Greensboro Coliseum as a disgruntled fan came down to the railing behind the Wake bench as the game ended and began yelling angrily at coach Jeff [Redacted]. That led to another group of fans coming to the defense of their embattled coach in a scene that can best be described as uncomfortable.

LOL. I have been to zero WFU sporting events this year. My statement about it being embarrassing for you has to do with your decision to stand up in a room full of other people and yell at someone you don't have any control over about a game you don't have any control over. People who behave like this are by definition children and should not be trusted with any level of decision making beyond simple day to day activity.

LOL. I have been to zero WFU sporting events this year. My statement about it being embarrassing for you has to do with your decision to stand up in a room full of other people and yell at someone you don't have any control over about a game you don't have any control over. People who behave like this are by definition children and should not be trusted with any level of decision making beyond simple day to day activity.

And for the record I don't care who coaches the basketball team. For all I care that can bring the coach from Clemmons Middle School in to coach tomorrow or hire Gregg Popovich and pay him whatever he asks. Makes no difference to me because the little orange ball going through the little orange hoop when a bunch of kids are playing sports isn't on the list of things that truly matter to me. When I do come to a Wake game I cheer when the team does well. When they don't I forget it the second I leave the stadium and get back to enjoying life. #fairweatherforlife

And for the record I don't care who coaches the basketball team. For all I care that can bring the coach from Clemmons Middle School in to coach tomorrow or hire Gregg Popovich and pay him whatever he asks. Makes no difference to me because the little orange ball going through the little orange hoop when a bunch of kids are playing sports isn't on the list of things that truly matter to me. When I do come to a Wake game I cheer when the team does well. When they don't I forget it the second I leave the stadium and get back to enjoying life. #fairweatherforlife

Strange take from someone posting on a Wake message board...

For what it's worth, I ran into Hatch's nephew today and chatted briefly.

When I told him his uncle needed to get a new coach, he shared with me that apparently Hatch was so worked up at the Houston Baptist game that he had to be calmed down by his wife.

The nephew believes that, while Hatch may not be telling RW how to do his job, he suspects he is certainly in his ear about the current state of the men's basketball program.

Probably the best news I've heard about men's hoops all year.

Back