• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

LOL. I have been to zero WFU sporting events this year. My statement about it being embarrassing for you has to do with your decision to stand up in a room full of other people and yell at someone you don't have any control over about a game you don't have any control over. People who behave like this are by definition children and should not be trusted with any level of decision making beyond simple day to day activity.

LOL. No sports fans EVER yell at players, coaches or refs at high school, college or pro games. I wanted to be the first. And after 5 years of Manning, coming after 4 of Bzz, I needed a cathartic moment. But perfect people like you never lose their cool. I’ll bet you have never thrown a golf club either. Everybody needs to be like you. The world would be such a rosy place.

http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com...t-the-battle-over-[Redacted]-is-still-raging/

It must be asked, was this WFU22FAN??
I’m pleading not guilty to that charge. I take full responsibility for yelling at Manning though.

LOL. No sports fans EVER yell at players, coaches or refs at high school, college or pro games. I wanted to be the first. And after 5 years of Manning, coming after 4 of Bzz, I needed a cathartic moment. But perfect people like you never lose their cool. I’ll bet you have never thrown a golf club either. Everybody needs to be like you. The world would be such a rosy place.

I don't know what all sports fans do or don't do. I do know I've been to a lot of games and never seen anyone yell directly at a coach from so close for something like this. Whoops, not true. I once I did see it at a youth basketball game and the dad was asked to leave the gym. But hey, I get your cathartic moment. I just wouldn't hire you to do an actual job at my company knowing something like this beforehand. But maybe that's just me.

Since we're being transparent, I have thrown zero golf clubs (in anger) and I do not remember ever in my entire lifespan remember yelling at another person over something outside of my control. But the world would probably be boring if everyone was as indifferent as me, and athletic departments would be all about fun and not money which would also be kind of boring, so go get 'em!

Well it is certainly clear now that stewardship of Wakes flagship sports program is not Ron’s objective. And why I in the world would he leave if it is never uncomfortable to remain and he is making millions a year if he stays? The larger question is why does Hatch allow him to stay and why does the BoT allow this farce to continue. I do not knows who is on the board but people in the Wake community have to know some of them well enough to ask that question.

Didn't sports take a nose dive at ND when Hatch was there? Hasn't it been mentioned before that Hatch pretty much gives zero shits about athletics in its relationship to academics?

And for the record I don't care who coaches the basketball team. For all I care that can bring the coach from Clemmons Middle School in to coach tomorrow or hire Gregg Popovich and pay him whatever he asks. Makes no difference to me because the little orange ball going through the little orange hoop when a bunch of kids are playing sports isn't on the list of things that truly matter to me. When I do come to a Wake game I cheer when the team does well. When they don't I forget it the second I leave the stadium and get back to enjoying life. #fairweatherforlife

21b.jpg

Didn't sports take a nose dive at ND when Hatch was there? Hasn't it been mentioned before that Hatch pretty much gives zero shits about athletics in its relationship to academics?

I would guess that Hatch does not care to deal with athletics, and he has basically turned it over to Ron with the instructions: do as you see fit, just make money and don't lose any, and Oh yeah, no embarrassing shenanigans that get into the press by athletes

For what it's worth, I ran into Hatch's nephew today and chatted briefly.

When I told him his uncle needed to get a new coach, he shared with me that apparently Hatch was so worked up at the Houston Baptist game that he had to be calmed down by his wife.

The nephew believes that, while Hatch may not be telling RW how to do his job, he suspects he is certainly in his ear about the current state of the men's basketball program.

Probably the best news I've heard about men's hoops all year.

He should Hatch a plan to get the fuck out

Fuck Hatch, Wellman and Manning. Fuck 'em up against the wall, with handcuffs on 'em and crazy glue on their lips!

Hatch has literally ruined the University I so dearly loved. I can't even recognize the school from what I currently see and hear. To be fair, Wake is just part of the larger trends that have made it hard for a private university to have any economic place. Appeal to the kids from the northeast who parent's are loaded, but are often dumb as a box of rocks. The accomplishments they brag about on the Wake website is literally a joke. The administration has gotten so politically correct it makes me sick. My God, having Steven Cobert as a commencement speaker? Wake is a dead University and I blame this on Hatch.

For what it's worth, I ran into Hatch's nephew today and chatted briefly.

When I told him his uncle needed to get a new coach, he shared with me that apparently Hatch was so worked up at the Houston Baptist game that he had to be calmed down by his wife.

The nephew believes that, while Hatch may not be telling RW how to do his job, he suspects he is certainly in his ear about the current state of the men's basketball program.

Probably the best news I've heard about men's hoops all year.

Yeah. I call BS on the nephew. If Hatch were that worked up, he would have done something about it. He is the ONLY one in the position to do anything.

I’ve been to a lot of sporting events in my life, and at just about everyone of them fans yell at the coach to do somefuckingthing. It’s not unusual at all. If you’ve never yelled at a couch before, then you are probably a soulless autodrone and should not be trusted to live in society for fear that you will lead the machines to rise up and rebel.

Hatch, as president of Wake, certainly shares some of the blame for the current state of the basketball program. I really don’t think it’s a strong argument to try to link his time as provost at ND to a lack of athletic success they had. That’s not what a provost is responsible for. Kersh has been provost at Wake since 2012 and nobody is going to argue that he’s the reason why we made another shitty basketball hire that hasn’t been corrected.

I would guess that Hatch does not care to deal with athletics, and he has basically turned it over to Ron with the instructions: do as you see fit, just make money and don't lose any, and Oh yeah, no embarrassing shenanigans that get into the press by athletes

Note: "Embarrassing shenanigans" do not include losing by 38 points at home.

I’ve been to a lot of sporting events in my life, and at just about everyone of them fans yell at the coach to do somefuckingthing. It’s not unusual at all. If you’ve never yelled at a couch before, then you are probably a soulless autodrone and should not be trusted to live in society for fear that you will lead the machines to rise up and rebel.

:werd:

No couch has ever even remotely offended me. I have 100% never yelled at any couch. Coaches, either! Why would I yell at them if I wanted them to change course?

Also, I'd like to draw a hard line between being up in the upper deck and yelling at a coach or player or whoever, but everyone knowing you're relatively anonymous and just angry about a mjissed free throw or something, versus and being directly within easy earshot and yelling at a coach or player and making people around you uncomfortable. Those seem like quite different things to me. you gonna be all bad ass and show up on someone's doorstep or maybe yell at their kids in the mall next?

I develop and own the A.I. machines, and we're definitely taking over. You can't work hard or smart or error free enough to do anything about it, so just keep yelling away at basketball coaches and prepare to have your job taken and your lunch eaten by us soulless autodrones. :D

Yeah, I'm pretty sure almost every major sporting event (and some youth events) I've ever attended has featured people in the stands, some within earshot, some not, yelling at coaches. And Wake is definitely tamer than most.

No couch has ever even remotely offended me. I have 100% never yelled at any couch. Coaches, either! Why would I yell at them if I wanted them to change course?

Also, I'd like to draw a hard line between being up in the upper deck and yelling at a coach or player or whoever, but everyone knowing you're relatively anonymous and just angry about a mjissed free throw or something, versus and being directly within easy earshot and yelling at a coach or player and making people around you uncomfortable. Those seem like quite different things to me. you gonna be all bad ass and show up on someone's doorstep or maybe yell at their kids in the mall next?

I develop and own the A.I. machines, and we're definitely taking over. You can't work hard or smart or error free enough to do anything about it, so just keep yelling away at basketball coaches and prepare to have your job taken and your lunch eaten by us soulless autodrones. :D

Best phan.

By chance do you have any soulless autodrones that can coach?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure almost every major sporting event (and some youth events) I've ever attended has featured people in the stands, some within earshot, some not, yelling at coaches. And Wake is definitely tamer than most.

Yeah. Obviously. No one is debating the reality. I'm just saying those people are children and not my people.

Back