• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

I hate the arrogance in which he lies to ya. Like dude could you just be honest with the fan base? We have gone through a decade of hell we deserve a little bit of honesty for sticking it out with you.

Your quote sums up why most people are angry. Everyone makes mistakes, the best thing that heals is a sincere apology. Wellman, instead of ever apologizing pulls out his pecker and pisses on the fan base and tells us its raining.

How can one look at university as a whole and support it. Hatch and Wellman have been horrible stewards of resources. It is down right sad what they have done to the school. It is a place of big buildings and big egos and no soul. The school gets what it deserves.

Your quote sums up why most people are angry. Everyone makes mistakes, the best thing that heals is a sincere apology. Wellman, instead of ever apologizing pulls out his pecker and pisses on the fan base and tells us its raining.

How can one look at university as a whole and support it. Hatch and Wellman have been horrible stewards of resources. It is down right sad what they have done to the school. It is a place of big buildings and big egos and no soul. The school gets what it deserves.

if you are trying to feed me a shit samich, tell me it's a shit samich. don't fucking tell me it's a chick fil a samich.

Ron's legacy will forever be that he trashed Wake Forest Basketball. He could have been remembered for good things if he hadn't been so damn stupid. :rulz:

This describes how I feel about the current Wake Forest University.

I grew up there, on campus and would concur with that statement but it began a long time ago. It's not recent. Big buildings, big egos, no soul. I can't argue that statement. Wellman is a dishonest, self serving douche who has betrayed the entire Wake Forest community. He's pathetic. Manning is in way over his head. If he really cared about the school, the community and his trade he's move on. Who wants to work in an enviroinment where everyone knows you are a failure?

I grew up there, on campus and would concur with that statement but it began a long time ago. It's not recent. Big buildings, big egos, no soul. I can't argue that statement. Wellman is a dishonest, self serving douche who has betrayed the entire Wake Forest community. He's pathetic. Manning is in way over his head. If he really cared about the school, the community and his trade he's move on. Who wants to work in an enviroinment where everyone knows you are a failure?

Somebody getting paid way too much money to do it.

Wellman has been at WFU for 27 years. During that time he has hired 4 basketball coaches - Prosser, Gaudio, [Redacted], Manning. In the 18 years of postseasons with his own hires as head coach, WFU has a grand total of 7 ACC tourney wins and 6 NCAA wins with most of those belonging to Prosser. 0 ACC finals. 0 Elite 8's.
This at a school that is a charter member of the ACC with a strong basketball history and a reputation for putting players into the NBA. In terms of basketball, the most important sport at Wake Forest, Wellman has been a complete and abject failure.

Wellman has been at WFU for 27 years. During that time he has hired 4 basketball coaches - Prosser, Gaudio, [Redacted], Manning. In the 18 years of postseasons with his own hires as head coach, WFU has a grand total of 7 ACC tourney wins and 6 NCAA wins with most of those belonging to Prosser. 0 ACC finals. 0 Elite 8's.
This at a school that is a charter member of the ACC with a strong basketball history and a reputation for putting players into the NBA. In terms of basketball, the most important sport at Wake Forest, Wellman has been a complete and abject failure.

Holy shit Wake really fucking sucks at basketball.

My source is telling me the money was there for the buyout but Wellman wanted to give one big F U to everyone and show em whos boss. Went complety against donors and everyone else.

The big donors basically pushed Wellman out so he wanted to show em whos boss one last time

The big donors basically pushed Wellman out so he wanted to show em whos boss one last time

I posted the following on the other thread as well but I think it bears repeating on this thread:

If there is one ounce of truth to this statement, and I'm not saying there isn't, then John Currie knows exactly what he has to do on May 2nd, 2019. Next year is already fucked. So, might as well put someone in the coach's seat (Nestor, water-boy, water-girl ... whomever) for a year and begin a 6-9 month search.

If true, in a way that’s encouraging. If the money is there, Currie can make the change May 1st.

Its why everyone thought Manning was gone but Wellman had different plans.

Then they didn’t push him out.

They may have pushed him but it sure likes like he walked out on his own terms and turned the lights out behind him while throwing the bird over his shoulder. What a pathetic pos.

My source is telling me the money was there for the buyout but Wellman wanted to give one big F U to everyone and show em whos boss. Went complety against donors and everyone else.

You know, that is possible but would make him beneath contempt. Just can’t conceive of that. But people do awful things

Back