• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

Clearly they’re more tolerant of losing. But that’s been apparent for awhile.

agreed- but why? Just something inherent in those people's personalities? Something inherent in the "Wake Forest Culture" (eg. we're just nice people and not willing to do the uncomfortable stuff that is necessary to win?)

agreed- but why? Just something inherent in those people's personalities? Something inherent in the "Wake Forest Culture" (eg. we're just nice people and not willing to do the uncomfortable stuff that is necessary to win?)

They are medium fish in a tiny pond. They know it's not going to get any better for them. So why rock the boat?

but wouldn't that be the case with other schools' mega donors? Is there something inherently different about Wake Forest mega donors?

wealthy people aren't smarter than non-wealthy people

at the heart of it, i'm sure outsized influence in an institution like Wake Forest brings big donors a sense of joy and community, regardless of whether they know anything about sports

Hypothetically, what safeguards (institutional, legal, financial, etc.) exist to prevent an employee at a private business/institution from

(1) awarding a fully-guaranteed eight-figure contract extension to an underperforming subordinate,
(2) announcing his or her retirement approximately sixteen months thereafter, AND
(3) successfully collecting a "retirement gift" kickback or other subsequent financial benefits (to friends, family, or self) from portions of the proceeds from the eight-figure extension?

Not that I am suggesting anything like that took place, of course.

Good damn question

wealthy people aren't smarter than non-wealthy people

at the heart of it, i'm sure outsized influence in an institution like Wake Forest brings big donors a sense of joy and community, regardless of whether they know anything about sports
Don't know if there has been a study on this, but i'd be willing to bet large sums of money there is a positive correlation between IQ and wealth.

It's hard to put into words just how much I hate Ron Wellman. Outside of my father and brother I really have never loved anything else for the entirety of my life besides Wake Sports. Today Ron Wellman has effectively killed Wake sports for me, something that has been a huge part of my life. So if you are reading this Ron, from the very bottom of my cold heart, GO FUCKING FUCK YOURSELF YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!

Don't know if there has been a study on this, but i'd be willing to bet large sums of money there is a positive correlation between IQ and wealth.

I doubt there’s a big difference between the top 1% that includes big donors and the top 10% that includes most of us.

Whatever man, I would be willing to bet that wealthy people are on average more intelligent than poor people. Obviously there are outliers, see Ron Wellman.

Wealthy people have done about as good of a job running the country as they have Wake Forest's athletic department. Since we implicitly associate wealth with intelligence, these types of comments are just confirmation bias at work.

In five seasons Mannikin is 65-93 overall with a 24-66 record in the ACC.

He's graduated one player he recruited. One. Player.

Yet. He's Wellman's guy.

This is madness.
F7CK YOU RON WELLMAN. F7CK YOU. THIS IS NOW YOUR LEGACY WE WILL REMEMBER YOU FOR.

how much you willing to bet...ill put the house. You can he dumb as shit and still get all of your parents money. you can be a puppet for an entertainment company, with the inability to read a single sentence, and make millions.

you do know the who the current president is i assume?

Whatever man, I would be willing to bet that wealthy people are on average more intelligent than poor people. Obviously there are outliers, see Ron Wellman.

i think you're sorely underestimating the number of children and grandchildren of wealth

Remarkable.

Back