• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

New troll parody is coming on strong!

I’m not a troll or a parody. We’ve had this conversation before. I’m just someone that’s willing to speak up for the sane. If that means you’ll just continue to give me more red bars, then so be it. As far as I’m concerned, it’s a badge of honor around here.

I assume any new poster with a 8_ in their handle is a parody nowadays.

I’m not a troll or a parody. We’ve had this conversation before. I’m just someone that’s willing to speak up for the sane. If that means you’ll just continue to give me more red bars, then so be it. As far as I’m concerned, it’s a badge of honor around here.
If you get off on being horribly horribly wrong, don't let us stop you. But here's the deal: if you're real, you're a dude standing alone in the middle of a room punching himself in the dick and screeching that rest those of us are insane for not joining in.

If you get off on being horribly horribly wrong, don't let us stop you. But here's the deal: if you're real, you're a dude standing alone in the middle of a room punching himself in the dick and screeching that rest those of us are insane for not joining in.

Do you have a boogeyman for all of your issues? Mr. Wellman was put in an unfortunate position with the [Redacted] hire, which was only made worse by some of the posters here treatment of him (billboards, phone calls, emails, awful fan treatment at games, etc.). We were lucky to get Danny Manning after that. He’s not working out, we get it, his time will come to leave soon enough, and John Currie will hopefully make a more youthful hire.

As far as everything else is concerned, we are leaps and bounds ahead of where we were before Mr Wellman came here. New facilities, basketball success in the 90’s and 00’s, football success in mid 00’s and more recently with Coach Clawson, and a drastic increase in revenues. That all happened under Mr Wellman’s leadership.

Please define what you mean by “sane”.

I don’t know if this is trolling or what but Wellman hired bzzzzz. He was not “put” in a difficult position he put himself there.

Also Danny was an okay hire at the time coming off one good conference tournament run that got him an NCAAT bid and he never struck gold here. The issue is we still have him six years in because “Mr. Wellman” gave him a ludicrous extension which turned out to just be 8 figures because he recruited and signed John Collins.

“Mr Wellman?” God have some pride, you’re a grown man (presumably)

Do you have a boogeyman for all of your issues? Mr. Wellman was put in an unfortunate position with the [Redacted] hire, which was only made worse by some of the posters here treatment of him (billboards, phone calls, emails, awful fan treatment at games, etc.). We were lucky to get Danny Manning after that. He’s not working out, we get it, his time will come to leave soon enough, and John Currie will hopefully make a more youthful hire.

As far as everything else is concerned, we are leaps and bounds ahead of where we were before Mr Wellman came here. New facilities, basketball success in the 90’s and 00’s, football success in mid 00’s and more recently with Coach Clawson, and a drastic increase in revenues. That all happened under Mr Wellman’s leadership.
Look man. If Ron has a gun to your head, blink twice. We'll send the police.

If your life isn't being threatened, we can't help you. But we sure can sit back and laugh.

I don’t know if this is trolling or what but Wellman hired bzzzzz. He was not “put” in a difficult position he put himself there.

Also Danny was an okay hire at the time coming off one good conference tournament run that got him an NCAAT bid and he never struck gold here. The issue is we still have him six years in because “Mr. Wellman” gave him a ludicrous extension which turned out to just be 8 figures because he recruited and signed John Collins.

I seriously doubt that was his sole reason for the extension. And I do agree, I am just as perplexes about the reported financial details of it. Regardless, he’ll probably be gone after this season anyways.

Wellman made a shit ton of money to do a job that many other people put into his position would have done better. Would another AD have hired [Redacted], kept him around longer than he should have, and then followed that up with Manning and then kept him longer then he should have? The answer is probably not. Would another AD have built up the facilites to the point they are now? Probably so, because that is what every other AD in the SEC and ACC has done and is currently doing.

Wellman made a shit ton of money to do a job that many other people put into his position would have done better. Would another AD have hired [name redacted], kept him around longer than he should have, and then followed that up with Manning and then kept him longer then he should have? The answer is probably not. Would another AD have built up the facilites to the point they are now? Probably so, because that is what every other AD in the SEC and ACC has done and is currently doing.

Thank you. Wake people act like Hatch and Wellman are uniquely good at fundraising and facilities when literally every university that barely bothers with sports does the same thing.

Thank you. Wake people act like Hatch and Wellman are uniquely good at fundraising and facilities when literally every university that barely bothers with sports does the same thing.

Compared to where we were in the 80’s, we made astronomical strides in those regards.

Yeah. So did everybody. Wellman didn't do anything different than everybody else was doing.

It's like looking at your car and saying "Man, I'm awesome. My car is so much better than cars in the 80s."

Back