• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

This should remain as long as Danny is here. Ron gave the fanbase a collective case of $18M herpes. Oh heavens yes!

I also can't believe that street sign is standing.

Ron Wellman gave someone $18M (on top of what was already paid to Manning) for 5 18+ loss seasons in 6 years. Never mind the disaster before Manning's tenure. You could've paid a random high school coach $50K a year for similar results over the last decade. All the while acting like the smartest guy in the room. He deserves to be despised and criticized til his very last day on this Earth. Only if he ever publicly admits his complete failure would I think even the tiniest bit different of him.

Hmm. Well, that's weird. Pretty sure I've spoken to him quite a bit more than you, and I haven't come away with that impression at all.

Congrats? He must have wanted something from you. How often did you serve him hors d'oeuvres in the Deacon tower?

I know a number of folks who have worked for him, with him, or who cut their substantial donations to his kingdom, and they all have some very negative things to say about his ego and his thoughts about the plebs.

Last edited:
Wellman is a POS and will never admit he fucked Wake bball, the sad part is hes pushed Currie to keep Manning all year because of his EGO. so hes fucked us for 10 years and will continue to do so.

20200303-221420.jpg

I’ve spoke to him on numerous occasions as well. The board’s perception of him is accurate. Smug, stuffy, egotistical, arrogant, etc.

This should remain as long as Danny is here. Ron gave the fanbase a collective case of $18M herpes. Oh heavens yes!

I also can't believe that street sign is standing.

He said he swung for the fences with the hire. He just failed to tell us it was the backstop...

From ESPN:
Danny Manning said Tuesday he expects to return to Wake Forest despite another underachieving season at the school.

In his six years at Wake Forest since being hired from Tulsa, Manning is 78-111 overall and 30-80 in ACC regular-season play. His .413 winning percentage is the fifth-worst mark of the 14 coaches who've spent at least two seasons at the school. He would be the only Demon Deacons coach to have at least 175 games and still have a losing record.

Is bigboy PH's lost child? They are so similar in taking multiple sides on issues that I have to wonder.

Wellman is a POS and will never admit he fucked Wake bball, the sad part is hes pushed Currie to keep Manning all year because of his EGO. so hes fucked us for 10 years and will continue to do so.

So much this. Lowest form of human and his association with Wake will always be a discredit to the university.

So how do YOU know Wellman has pushed Curry to keep Manning all year? I hate what Wellman has done to our basketball program as much as anyone, but how do you know he is still pulling the levers behind the curtain?

There is so much unsubstantiated bullshit on these threads posted by people who claim to know what is actually happening and what Wellman and/or Curry are actually thinking and doing.

I laugh at all the dumb mf arm chair quarterbacks who actually don't know shit! The wrong hire was made stop behaving like a bunch of fucking babies.

Back