• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fuck you, Science!

So I keep seeing ads on TV about how your kid can't go to school in DC without vaccinations and a dental exam. I seem to recall that vaccinations were required when I was a kid too. So are these anti-vaccine folks home schooling their kids or are their loopholes or what?

Yea there are waivers to get through those loopholes.

Yea there are waivers to get through those loopholes.

Public health should outweigh individual freedom.

I mean, it's stupid to even have vaccines. Who says they even work, science? One time, I got a flu shot and I got sick. WTF?

I knew a girl at Wake who grew up a Christian Scientist and had some religious waiver because she had never been to the dr. but most of the anti-vaccine nuts aren't doing it for religious reasons.

ditto, but it was a guy. there are waivers.

eta: you know, in case you missed that in the last 5 posts.

Public health should outweigh individual freedom.

I mean, it's stupid to even have vaccines. Who says they even work, science? One time, I got a flu shot and I got sick. WTF?

oh hey! what's up, slippery slope!

I knew a girl at Wake who grew up a Christian Scientist and had some religious waiver because she had never been to the dr. but most of the anti-vaccine nuts aren't doing it for religious reasons.

Haven't the courts ruled that christian scientists (and anyone else) who withhold medical treatment from their children based on religious grounds can still be convicted of neglect?

Haven't the courts ruled that christian scientists (and anyone else) who withhold medical treatment from their children based on religious grounds can still be convicted of neglect?

I think that's in case of life threatening situations, not refusing a vaccination.

I think that's in case of life threatening situations, not refusing a vaccination.

I wonder, though, if it could be extrapolated out. What if they don't vaccinate against polio and the kid subsequently dies of polio, something that is easily preventable. I'm sure this has been brought up somewhere and dismissed, but it's not that far afield from not giving care in life threatening situations.

Have there been any cases of a parent suing another parent for not vaccinating their kid?

Rescinding pluto's planet status

tumblr_inline_ml8p1ugbPm1qz4rgp.gif

Back