• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fuck you, Science!

Does Awaken work for Big Tobacco, what's the deal? In my life time eggs have been healthy, unhealthy, good for your heart and bad for your heart, then just the yolks were bad.

Am I wrong for liking what we have now? About 99.7% of the time I want to be in a smoke free zone, but every once in awhile when I want the night to get a little loose, or when there is gambling in the air, it just feels right to be in a trashy smoky environment. Even though I'm not smoking.

We can only speculate, but I don't think we'd have smoking bans based on personal preference alone. I think the bad studies were necessary to them.

We can only speculate, but I don't think we'd have smoking bans based on personal preference alone. I think the bad studies were necessary to them.

What bad studies? Slate only mentions one or two, right?

Also personal preference is the reason for plenty of public policies.

Tobacco companies funded research that said smoking was good for you too. Luckily, better science has since won out.

The conspiratorial rhetoric about science's agenda is pretty galling in today's America but here we are.

Tobacco companies funded research that said smoking was good for you too. Luckily, better science has since won out.

The conspiratorial rhetoric about science's agenda is pretty galling in today's America but here we are.

Are you trying to tell me that there's no sound science behind RJR's commitment to helping me take care of my T-Zone?

Not better science, but bad science from the other side.

What I'm hearing on this thread is that two wrongs can make a right, and the ends (personal preference ) justify the means (bad science ).

#criticalthinkingftl

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If you are looking for $100,000 Kennedy and Deniro are offering money to any journalist that will investigate the vaccine autism conspiracy or "prove" vaccines don't cause autism. I'm thinking sending them the childhood vaccine schedule and the mercury content zero for all of them won't get me the money.

i think we all agree that we should have the best information available when decisions are made

Not better science, but bad science from the other side.

What I'm hearing on this thread is that two wrongs can make a right, and the ends (personal preference ) justify the means (bad science ).

#criticalthinkingftl

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think you're hearing something nobody has said. First, nobody else thinks smoking bans were based solely on some studies mentioned in Slate. If anything, the mention of a 2003 study should make you think again. Second, nobody is saying bad science is justified by personal preference. People are saying the laws were made more out of personal preference and perceived risks whether or not they were supported by science.

So bad science is OK as long as it supports your personal preference? That's dangerous. Next time, you may be the target of bad science.

Also, credibility is everything; and this chips away at science's credibility. It is crying wolf.

Not science in general...one scientist, or a relatively small group of them.

NASA presser tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does medical community turn their backs on Lyme disease patients?
https://www.madinamerica.com/2017/03/lyme-wake-up-call/

As Dr. Kenneth B. Liegner, a US Lyme-Literate MD, one shining light in a small community of doctors who support and treat Lyme sufferers, says: “In the fullness of time, the mainstream handling of chronic Lyme disease will be viewed as one of the most shameful episodes in the history of medicine because elements of academic medicine, elements of government, and virtually the entire insurance industry have colluded to deny a disease. This has resulted in needless suffering of many individuals who deteriorate and sometimes die for lack of timely application of treatment or denial of treatment beyond some arbitrary duration.”

Back