• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Full Leather Thru-hiking Boots

I have a pair of Vasques. Use them more for heavy DIY work than actual hiking but they're great.

Lived in sundowners for about 10 years. The newer ones are terrible. Dramatic downgrade in quality. I don't think they're worth the price anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

yep, vasques have gone downhill. it's a shame.

Just bought a pair of Lowa Renegades because I wore a hole through the toe of my old multi-day boots. I've never been picky about boots but after hauling 40+ pounds for a couple days at a time, I realized it was time to pay more attention. I tried on multiple pairs and the Renegades were hands down the most comfortable out of the box, but I know that's really dependent on foot size and shape, among other factors. Just another boot to consider.

http://www.rei.com/product/789686/lowa-renegade-gtx-mid-hiking-boots-mens#reviewsTab

Yeah, I wore the soles out on my old Italian-made Vasques (circa 1999) and debated buying a new pair, but the quality decline scared me off. Instead, I sent them off and had them re-soled. Good as new.

Back