• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fully Shifted To Buzz-In

Being Buzz-in because most everyone else is Buzz-out is not a valid reason for being Buzz-in - also, the signs are NOT point to us trending up. Here, I will give you 2 scenarios:

Scenario 1
- Return 5 players, 2 starters and 3 of the top 6 scorers on the team
- Incoming 5 man class rated in the Top 15 in the nation

Scenario 2
- Return 4 players after losing 3 to transfer, including 2 starters and 3 of the top 5 scorers on the team
- Incoming 7 man class rated in the Top 25 in the nation

If anything, I would say we are stagnating at best. Everyone can look in hindsight and say the 2010 class was crap, but when it was coming in, it wasn't - it was ranked higher than this 6 man class.

Being Buzz-in because most everyone else is Buzz-out is not a valid reason for being Buzz-in - also, the signs are NOT point to us trending up. Here, I will give you 2 scenarios:

Scenario 1
- Return 5 players, 2 starters and 3 of the top 6 scorers on the team
- Incoming 5 man class rated in the Top 15 in the nation

Scenario 2
- Return 4 players after losing 3 to transfer, including 2 starters and 3 of the top 5 scorers on the team
- Incoming 7 man class rated in the Top 25 in the nation

If anything, I would say we are stagnating at best. Everyone can look in hindsight and say the 2010 class was crap, but when it was coming in, it wasn't - it was ranked higher than this 6 man class.

I see it this way. 2 proven good ACC players in Travis and CJ. Add CMM to the mix. CMM at the 1. CJ at the 2. Travis at the 3/4. Fill in the blanks at the 4/5. The fill in the blanks part is the problem, but at least Buzz has 3 players with talent to work his X's & O's with.

I'm sure that he shares the same feeling towards you DV7. But my pop is a really good, honest guy that loves Wake Forest Sports. He raised me on Wake in a Duke/UNC/NC State dominated area. He is very passionate about Wake Forest. Some of my father and I's finest and memorable moments have been at Wake games or watching on TV.

Pardon, but if we are on this board, we are Wake fans. This buzz-in/buzz-out stuff is ridiculous. Why can't we all just get along and celebrate the good things about the program and give up this doom's day b.s.? With what looks to be 7 freshman coming in next year including a highly regarded PG and still an off season to maybe land a graduate student big man, signs point to Wake improving with Bzz at the helm. Wake has had a history of going up and down. Buzz just happened to inherit the program at the lowest of recent lows. I'm Buzz-In because I'm giving the coach a chance and am attempting to shake up and provide an opposite viewpoint to this whole Wake Forest doomsday scenario.

LOL. Your dad has been one of the biggest pessimistic critics about all Wake coaches until Bzzzz's open post modified princeton offense got him all hot and bothered.

And as many times as you repeat that

a. the program was in shambles when Bzzzz took the job.
b. things are looking up

It doesn't make either one of those true.

LOL. Your dad has been one of the biggest pessimistic critics about all Wake coaches until Bzzzz's open post modified princeton offense got him all hot and bothered.

And as many times as you repeat that

a. the program was in shambles when Bzzzz took the job.
b. things are looking up

It doesn't make either one of those true.

He is entitled to his own opinions and a lot of the stuff on this board is opinion. My dad used to get paid for his opinions writing for the old newspaper "The Poop Sheet," (insert funny puns) so evidently he has some sort of rationale that gives his opinions a little more weight than an average opinion. I'm not making excuses for him or for the Wake program, but it sure has been interesting interacting with folks on the board. I didn't understand the whole buzz-in/buzz-out stuff. After corresponding with a few fellow Deac fans, I now understand why a lot of folks are buzz out.

Last edited:
I am a real DJ.. Go to my site. Or you can go to the website of 105.7now and see my info, even though the info isn't current.. But that's what my site is for.

I'm the one who originally posted that site here. It's a Wordpress site, so it should take about 5 seconds to add some text there to prove it's you and you're not just another blackgold. Would definitely help your rep to prove your not some State fan trolling around.

LOL. Alright, I give up. My incipient Alzheimers got the best of me.

In reality, I hope Wake fires the two assholes responsible for destroying its basketball program. I want State and Wake to dominate Carolina and Duke for the next thousand years!

One troll outed. Nice job TWMD.

I'm the one who originally posted that site here. It's a Wordpress site, so it should take about 5 seconds to add some text there to prove it's you and you're not just another blackgold. Would definitely help your rep to prove your not some State fan trolling around.

Well.. Then go to www.WeAreYourHeroes.com and check for me on that site. I'm legit man. If you want to go out in Winston tonight, I have a gig downtown playing disco/funk/soul/top40 tonight.

Well.. Then go to www.WeAreYourHeroes.com and check for me on that site. I'm legit man. If you want to go out in Winston tonight, I have a gig downtown playing disco/funk/soul/top40 tonight.

I'm not questioning whether there is a DJ Ev. I'm questioning whether you are he. You said it was your page, so it should take about 5 seconds to log-in and add a quick "Hi Ogboards.com" to the Profile page. Wordpress sites are as easy to edit as a message board post.

I am a real DJ.. Go to my site. Or you can go to the website of 105.7now and see my info, even though the info isn't current.. But that's what my site is for.

Here, I'll even provide the admin log-in page for you to enter your username/password to make the edit:
http://therealdjev.com/wordpress/wp.../therealdjev.com/wordpress/wp-admin/&reauth=1

The poop sheet is now the ACC Sports Journal. David Glenn's rag.

I'm not questioning whether there is a DJ Ev. I'm questioning whether you are he. You said it was your page, so it should take about 5 seconds to log-in and add a quick "Hi Ogboards.com" to the Profile page. Wordpress sites are as easy to edit as a message board post.

Here, I'll even provide the admin log-in page for you to enter your username/password to make the edit:
http://therealdjev.com/wordpress/wp.../therealdjev.com/wordpress/wp-admin/&reauth=1

I'll oblige. Here ya go:

http://therealdjev.com/wordpress/2012/03/i-am-a-wake-forest-fan/

Excellent. Thanks. Posrep coming when I've repped enough folks to rep you again. You'll have to forgive my skepticism since I was the one who actually found the site and the "gig" you mention having in Winston this weekend is actually listed for DJ SK on the link you provided:
http://weareyourheroes.com/index.php/gigs/. Nevermind showing up around the same time as blackgold.

So blackgold = state troll, djev336 = just insane.

Good thread!

Last edited:
@Racer DJ SK is at a different place on Saturday. I'll be at another place tonight. I can take a picture with a newspaper and a glass of wine or something if you want me to prove myself again..

Last edited:
This is going to be the most successful long-con in message board history.

Back