• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fun to see Deacon fans of all stripe

You guys must have a short memory. Riley completely changed this offense. IIRC we were running a spread offense before him. Riley changed the expectations for this program. Don't get me wrong Tanner is a great QB, but to say he is better than Riley is dumb. However, I am only a 17 year old kid going going off what I have seen

Offense aside, I am not the least convinced that a dual defensive coordinator system works. I point to the numerous times we have given up long drives at the end of the first half. The times we are not set while looking to the sidelines for the play. It has been a constant frustration for me this season. I know both coaches are talented but my gut tells me we need one guy to run the show.

Last year it was most definitely awful. This one is fair most of the time. At some times this year it has been awful in the second half.

Last year they were awful, pretty much the whole team was. Really proud of their turn around this season

You guys must have a short memory. Riley completely changed this offense. IIRC we were running a spread offense before him. Riley changed the expectations for this program. Don't get me wrong Tanner is a great QB, but to say he is better than Riley is dumb. However, I am only a 17 year old kid going going off what I have seen

I am just thankful that we can have this argument! It says a lot about the direction of Wake Forest Football!

Am I the only one who thinks it's hilarious that lectro disappears whenever things get tough? I think at this point he's just messing with folks. He knows he's gonna be attacked for it but he could care less. He's been acting this way since the old board. I don't know if he stays away because he's depressed at how the team is doing or what. I don't really care. Just glad to have you back lectro.

We are more under-manned on defense than offense. We're getting by on smoke and mirrors on D - running a lot of slants, etc to compensate for lack of size up front. I credit our DC's for scheming well with what we have, and our kids playing hard in it. Our defensive deficiencies could have been exposed a lot more than they have been.

Regarding Tanner and Riley, they are in two different situations. We ran the ball better when Riley was QB, which made passing a bit easier for him. Also, Riley really just had to manage the game. With success, his role expanded and we designed our offense around him - to mixed results in '07-'08. With Tanner, we are not running the ball as well, and the entire offense rests on his shoulders. Tanner's passing opens up running.

I'm in the "let Tanner be Tanner, and Riley be Riley camp." Not everything has to be compared, although I realize that is the nature and purpose of message boards, sports radio, et al.

Price may end up being a better QB than Skinner, at least numbers wise. He won't match the wins record, however.

Great post Lec. Nice to have you back. . .

Am I the only one who thinks it's hilarious that lectro disappears whenever things get tough? I think at this point he's just messing with folks. He knows he's gonna be attacked for it but he could care less. He's been acting this way since the old board. I don't know if he stays away because he's depressed at how the team is doing or what. I don't really care. Just glad to have you back lectro.[/QUOTE

I don't understand you guys...I hardly ever comment during the season and really only if the team is struggling and the coaches are taking open air shots. Otherwise I really don't have much to say. We've said it all in the preseason.

If you will look back to NC State or FSU you'll find I didn't post much of anything except some banter with our resident fsu-deac. I said zip about the games.

Lectro looking like a damn genius after calling FSU to finish third in the division.

We beat FSU so I'd say we're 2nd and the noles are 3rd.

True, but all the record books will show is we are tied. My point is lectro is wrong.:thumbsup: I'm sure he will call me a leg humper or something even though I'm just messing around.

Lec - good comments on the offense. Let's hear about Defense.
..........and I agree that this team has the potential to win a ACC title in the next 1-2 years.

Tanner Price is a better QB than Riley all that is missing from Tanner is learning to get rid of the ball instead of taking sacks and that will come next year. We have seen as the season progressed that he has learned to run and scramble better than at the start of the year have we not?

The 06 team had a superb D and if that D was coupled with this teams O I have no doubt we would have won the Orange Bowl easily.

Tanner Price is a better QB than Riley all that is missing from Tanner is learning to get rid of the ball instead of taking sacks and that will come next year. We have seen as the season progressed that he has learned to run and scramble better than at the start of the year have we not?

The 06 team had a superb D and if that D was coupled with this teams O I have no doubt we would have won the Orange Bowl easily.

Tanner is not as consistently accurate yet though, he still misfires on occassion, but his progress from last year to this year makes you think the next 2 seasons will be awesome!

I get what you are saying. It is like saying Trent Dilfer is better than Dan Marino because he won a Super Bowl ring.

Lec - good comments on the offense. Let's hear about Defense.
..........and I agree that this team has the potential to win a ACC title in the next 1-2 years.

Offense: is Heartsill healthy enough to play in the spring?

Defense: Will Gallagher be healthy enough to play in the spring?

Looking forward to the extra few weeks of December practice - that will help.

Back