• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

fun.

ilovewfu

Reaction score
The new album by fun. is excellent. They sing "We Are Young," but their new album has a lot of variety. The first couple tracks are reminiscent of Queen + Arcade Fire. Go give it a listen. It's called "Some Nights."

I loved their first album and I've got through this one twice. It's growing on me, but I still can't take the unnecessary auto-tune in one of the last tracks.

Yeah, the auto-tune is somewhat annoying. Especially going from the Format's two albums and Aim and Ignite.

I love teh album. And I don't have to worry about auto-tune at the show in 9 days ftmfw.

I like it a lot too. I just pass on the one super auto-tuned song.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to hopefully hearing that one live. I think I read somewhere that the acoustic version of that song is fantastic.

As far as my favorites, I think I'd go with Carry On > Why Am I The One >> and then Some Nights and We are Young bringing up the 3rd and 4th spots.

My current favorite is "One Foot". I freakin' love that trumpet.

Thematically, it is a lot more like 'Dog Problems' than 'Aim and Ignite'. But it still has that carnival-esque sound that they like.

Thematically, it is a lot more like 'Dog Problems' than 'Aim and Ignite'. But it still has that carnival-esque sound that they like.

Dog Problems was a great album.

fun. has produced some nice singles, but Sam Means's (guitarist/songwriter) work on Dog Problem was just fantastic.

I don't understand the "token black in band?" tag.

fun. was originally just Andrew Dost, Nate Ruess, and Jack Antonoff (sp?). None of them are black. Have they added new members?

Back