• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gallup: Romney support collapsing nationally among Republicans

By 2016 I think Mark Warner would beat Hillary. He was very popular as Governor, even with Pubs. I'd like to see a Warner - Christie matchup.

I think the major republican contenders (in no order) will be Christie, Jindal, Rubio, Thune, and maybe Bob McDonnell.

What if it was Bob McDonnell vs. Warner? VIRGINIA ALL STARS.

Hillary will have bene a good Senator and an excellent Secretary of State. Lots of people owe her and Bill their careers.

As rich as Warner is and is mega-rich, he doesn't have the national money that she does.

The only question is does she want it.

Cuomo is going to be tough. Has Wall Street in his backyard. Helped get New York to pass gay marriage. Governed a tough state to govern.

Warner has a lot of experience. Did incredible as a governor, has been elected senator, obviously has been seen as the future of the party due to his keynote speaker, also has been super successful in business. He's not a slouch.

Hillary's positives are well documented, but her age and the inconclusiveness of foreign policy decisions at this time are big questions. Also, I don't want to think this way, but what if something were to happen to Bill? It'd be hard.

Our foreign policy successes since 2009 are only questioned by Repbulicans who aren't dealing with reality.

Our foreign policy has had major successes.

She and Obama have teamed up to take the usual GOP strong point off the table in this election.

If she runs, she wins. Her only real competition would be Andrew Cuomo.

If she runs, Warner won't run against her. He's too smart.

What she'll see is the chance to put her mark on the nation for the next thirty years. Whomever wins in 2016 will likely replace Scalia and Kenedy. each will be 83 yo (almost 84 on innuaguration day). It would be a 6-3 Dem Court.

She will want to do this.

Not if she hires the same bozos who ran her '08 campaign. And I was serious. Gillibrand is setting herself up to run

Our foreign policy successes since 2009 are only questioned by Repbulicans who aren't dealing with reality.

Our foreign policy has had major successes.

She and Obama have teamed up to take the usual GOP strong point off the table in this election.

Yes, obviously OBL, Russian Missile Treaty, helping in the arab spring.

But we have to see who takes over those arab spring countries, have to see how Iran is dealt with, how the relations with China proceed. It isn't instantaneous, it is a long process. I'm not trying to argue from any party position, just that's how that stuff works.

I don't think Gillibrand has the chops to run for POTUS. She;s only #3 in her own state.

no Mark Penn will not be within a hundred miles of her offices this time. He singlehandedly destroyed her campaign.

By 2016 I think Mark Warner would beat Hillary. He was very popular as Governor, even with Pubs. I'd like to see a Warner - Christie matchup.

Warner is far too conservative to win the Dem nomination.

Warner might beat Cuomo or Gillibrand.

There is no way he could carry the NE and West in a Dem primary. He would get some support in the South but I don't think it would be enough to carry him to the nomination. That being said he is no more conservative than Clinton so I guess anything is possible (but Clinton's nomination was more a fluke than anything).

mark warner will be a terrible presidential candidate. he's jon huntsman II.

I think that RJ is spot on that Hillary will get the Dem nomination in 2016 if she wants it. She has a huge network of supporters, tons of financial backing, a great resume, and many will view it as being "her turn".. Obama will support her as well. She took a key spot his administration and hasn't embarrassed him.

I think that RJ is spot on that Hillary will get the Dem nomination in 2016 if she wants it. She has a huge network of supporters, tons of financial backing, a great resume, and many will view it as being "her turn".. Obama will support her as well. She took a key spot his administration and hasn't embarrassed him.

Quite the opposite actually. She has been a damn fine SOS.

Yeah I wasn't implying that she hasn't done a good job. I was speaking more to the fact that she has been a team player, kept her head down, and has done her job. When 2016 comes around Obama will remember that.

mark warner will be a terrible presidential candidate. he's jon huntsman II.

Good comparison. The sad thing is he would be a bad candidate yet probably a great president.

I'm a well known Clinton-hater. Went against Bill both times. Couldn't stand Hillary.

She's won me over since the '08 primary. I'd gladly vote for her in 2016 although I'd consider other candidates in the primary.

Warner left office as governor in VA with the highest approval rating in history.

He is the first person for whom I ever voted, and I would gladly vote for him as President.

I saw Warner speak last year. Very impressive. He was promoting Bowles-Simpson debt reduction (the recommendations our current president ignored). I could support Warner.

Not a fan of Warner. Would be very disappointed if he was the candidate.

I'm a well known Clinton-hater. Went against Bill both times. Couldn't stand Hillary.

She's won me over since the '08 primary. I'd gladly vote for her in 2016 although I'd consider other candidates in the primary.

There's stuff I disagree with Bill on, but damn if he can't weave words or show his emotions perfectly. Incredible politician.

Back