• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones death pool (spoilers)

Assuming he really just ripped it off the world wide web verbatim, it says to choose who will be alive or dead at the end of the series, and each "correct answer" counts for 5 pts, so when GoT is done, a correct life or death guess should each count as points.

i think townie goofed when he interpreted the rule and started awarding points per death guess only with episodes left to play.
God I now have to defend townie. Cest la vie.

So townie didn't goof because Theon and jorah are dead. Those are a guaranteed 5 points (25 if bonus played) for those two deaths. What is dead cannot be alive.

How is this hard to understand?

5 points for being right. All we needed to say is dead or alive after episode 6.

You say all dead, then you get no points for those still alive.
You say all alive, then you get no points for those that died.

This is not a hard concept to grasp.

the wording could be better but the game doesn't make much sense if you only get points for guessing deaths and not the character's end-state

come on, it's not hard

5 points if you correctly guess if a person is alive or dead

You lose the 5 points for not picking the person being alive after episode 6.

Is it that hard to follow how a binary choice works?

I'm just reading Townie's rules, dick, which is why Biff and someone else picked everyone to die. Go fuck a soccer team.

I'm just reading Townie's rules, dick, which is why Biff and someone else picked everyone to die. Go fuck a soccer team.
Way to get aggressive over a silly internet game.

Go fuck a block of cheese.

Send me a PM with whether each character will be alive or dead at the end of the series. You can indicate it any way you want: attach a spreadsheet, .txt file, just write it out, color code, whatever works, I'll put it together.

Other rules:
If a character dies and turns into a white walker, they count as dead.
Each correct answer worth 5 points
Choose one option to count as 25 points
Entries must be received by Sunday, April 28 by 8:55 PM EST
Winner will be announced at the end of the series.

You idiots need to learn reading comprehension.

Don't blame Townie because you're a dumbass.

You idiots need to learn reading comprehension.

Don't blame Townie because you're a dumbass.

Quoting ITC -- "i think townie goofed when he interpreted the rule and started awarding points per death guess only with episodes left to play."

Anyway, sorry I got so, so mad. Something just gets triggered inside me when someone says something as toolish as: "Is it that hard to follow how a binary choice works?"

You mad bro ?

biff-wins-again-iso-wht.jpg

Dead last night that I recall:

Varys
Cersei
Jaime
Euron Greyjoy
Hound
Mountain
Qyburn

Back