• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

Definitely seems they are setting Daenerys up to not survive.

But who knows? They seem to be willing to yank character development around in quantum leaps lately.

I like that the nerds have crunched the numbers to show that the Ballistae arrows have three times the force of a Saturn V rocket and travel at 6 times the speed of sound.

What’s crazy is that HBO was willing to give and pay for a full season or even another season and they were like nah we’re good we got other things to ruin.

What’s crazy is that HBO was willing to give and pay for a full season or even another season and they were like nah we’re good we got other things to ruin.

This is what burns my biscuit. Like, the essence of Hollywood: "would you like to create a lasting master piece that will be widely regarded as one of the best shows in the last 50 years, or (B) just strike while the iron is hot, get paid from everywhere you can while half-assing all of it, but be mega rich and have everyone hate you?

"Solid B. Are you kidding?"

This is what burns my biscuit. Like, the essence of Hollywood: "would you like to create a lasting master piece that will be widely regarded as one of the best shows in the last 50 years, or (B) just strike while the iron is hot, get paid from everywhere you can while half-assing all of it, but be mega rich and have everyone hate you?

"Solid B. Are you kidding?"

"here's my answer: we're gonna leave a stabucks cup clearly visible in a shot"

Westeros getting nuked by North Korea is the best possible outcome at this point

Westeros getting nuked by North Korea is the best possible outcome at this point

Would love for the show to go full "The Village" and have Essos/Westeros be some remote islands in the modern world that have been undisturbed and some random fighter jet (pilot warged by Bran optional) blast Drogon out of the sky just before he torches King's Landing, or to go Planet of the Apes and have John go far up beyond the wall after it's all over and find the statue of liberty.

Both would be better conclusions that what we will probably get.

Missandei with the missed opportunity to grab Cersei and shove her off the side of the wall when Cersei was telling her to say her last words

I hope Greyworm still treats Missandei the same despite someone cutting off part of her

Fan theories out there that there's at least one more dragon coming, which is why Euron looks so terrified in the preview looking up at the sky. Possibilities: Drogon is a girl (or just gender-less) dragon and had babies when she/it was chilling on her/its own for a while several seasons back. Or dragons weren't totally dead before and come to Jon or Dany's aide from somewhere else. Maybe the Lord of Light sends them (hell maybe Rhaegal gets resurrected somehow) or maybe Bran finally does something cool and finds one to warg into (highly unlikely).

Oh and also, you can see a cloaked figure walking through (the opposite direction of) the Golden Company in the previews. Gotta be either Jaime or Arya with a different face going to try to end Cersei.

As near as I can tell, those crossbow things are only on the front of the ships, so maybe fly behind them. Maybe even at night when they won’t see you. Absent that, just have the dragon fly up a couple thousand feet and shit on all their heads. Dragons poop, don’t they?

Obviously, the accuracy and velocity/momentum at such distance of those huge arrows is non-credible.

But we are talking dragons, fantasy, people that can't burn, etc.

Still.

Would love for the show to go full "The Village" and have Essos/Westeros be some remote islands in the modern world that have been undisturbed and some random fighter jet (pilot warged by Bran optional) blast Drogon out of the sky just before he torches King's Landing, or to go Planet of the Apes and have John go far up beyond the wall after it's all over and find the statue of liberty.

Both would be better conclusions that what we will probably get.

Just nuke it from orbit

Back