• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

Aemond wanted in his heart to kill Luke, he hated him and the Dragon felt that. When the time came, Aemond was just frightened and couldn't beleive what had happened, but imo there's no two ways about it, he wanted to hurt/kill Luke.
I think this is a good take. I'm hopeful that this series explores more of the blood magic associated with the dragons. Frankly, the books don't really get into that too much from what I understand. I would love more #content on Old Valyria.

Aemond wanted in his heart to kill Luke, he hated him and the Dragon felt that. When the time came, Aemond was just frightened and couldn't beleive what had happened, but imo there's no two ways about it, he wanted to hurt/kill Luke.

while i agree that he wanted to hurt or maybe even kill Luke, but i don't think that was his intent at the time. otherwise his reaction would have been more of satisfaction rather than surprise or concern (the way i read it). i also think that his telling Vhagar to obey him during the dragon battle scene tells me that the result was not what he wanted.

while i agree that he wanted to hurt or maybe even kill Luke, but i don't think that was his intent at the time. otherwise his reaction would have been more of satisfaction rather than surprise or concern (the way i read it). i also think that his telling Vhagar to obey him during the dragon battle scene tells me that the result was not what he wanted.
I would expect most folks who aren't seasoned killers to react with immediate shock and remorse to the aftermath of their actions. I think I need to go back and rewatch some of the earlier dragon scenes in the season to see if there's some good foreshadowing. I seem to remember some good conversations with the dragon keepers in the training that likely give us some context for the dragons not obeying in the battle of Shipbreaker Bay.

I like that the dragons are given more agency in this treatment of the Dance. I don't think it's a major spoiler, but
"the biggest outcome of the whole civil war is the essential genocide of all the dragons. That changes the world for hundreds of years."

Back