• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

Did Tyrion send Tywin a raven perhaps?

i don't think it's a really a spoiler to say but tywin had a conversation with someone and said (paraphrase) "some battles are won with swords and some ravens." by him showing up with the tyrells they made it pretty clear tywin is savvy enough to work behind the scenes when necessary.

i don't think it's a really a spoiler to say but tywin had a conversation with someone and said (paraphrase) "some battles are won with swords and some ravens." by him showing up with the tyrells they made it pretty clear tywin is savvy enough to work behind the scenes when necessary.

I was thinking he was referring to something else with the battles won by ravens

I was thinking he was referring to something else with the battles won by ravens

just commenting on the speculation above about tyrion sending a raven. tywin is arguably the greatest military mind in westeros and while tyrion did a lot to keep kings landing from collapse during the battle it was close and the army showing up turned the tide giving tywin credit for the win.

How do you guys know the Tyrells were in his force? Did they show Loras?

How do you guys know the Tyrells were in his force? Did they show Loras?

Yeah, I missed that the first time around. He was wearing Renly's crown as well, right?

they did not do a great job showing that the hound "wussed out" because he is terrified of fire (the mountain put his face in fire when they were kids).

it was not a gold cloak. it was a white cloak, one of joffery's personal bodyguards. i am blanking on which one at the moment. was it an order or was it personal

enjoyed the episode. i can understand gripes about the battles since everyone is comparing them to big budget movie stuff. but i disagree. thought they did a great job considering their constraints.

I disagree about the first part; I have not read any of the books, but it was very clear to me that the Hound wussed out because of fire. Very clear.

Ah, I did think the guy who swung at Tyrion was the guy that Joffrey instructed to 'Carry the Banner/Represent the King' in his absence.

I disagree about the first part; I have not read any of the books, but it was very clear to me that the Hound wussed out because of fire. Very clear.

Ah, I did think the guy who swung at Tyrion was the guy that Joffrey instructed to 'Carry the Banner/Represent the King' in his absence.

agree completely.

I missed out on recognizing Loras, whose name I totally don't know anyway, to me he was just Renly's lover/wife's brother.

Yeah, the hound went into his shell when he saw the burning dude coming at him. He lost his nerve at that moment.

Loras is wearing Renly's crown fighting and he's the first into the throne room. It's a little more clear in the books to the point where Renly's supporters who defected to Stannis were confused and actually thought Renly was riding into battle.

Last edited:
They really muddled that shit up.

I hope if they are going to take some artistic liberty with the Dany storyline for this next episode, as they have been doing, that they pull it off. I am tired of her whining and threats. I want that bitch to do something badass to get her dragons back. Melt some faces.

just commenting on the speculation above about tyrion sending a raven. tywin is arguably the greatest military mind in westeros and while tyrion did a lot to keep kings landing from collapse during the battle it was close and the army showing up turned the tide giving tywin credit for the win.

Are we talking books or show? The reason he showed up in the book was clear......

Loras is wearing Renly's crown fighting and he's the first into the throne room. It's a little more clear in the books to the point where Renly's supporters who defected to Stannis were confused and actually thought Renly was riding into battle.

No crown - Tywin wouldn't allow that! In the HBOGO interactive version, it says he's actually wearing Renly's armor. You can see it better in the fight scenes than when he is standing in the throne room.

Looks like he's wearing a crown, maybe it's just antlers on a helmet. Same difference I suppose.

Believe that in the books, Renly's ghost is actually Loras's brother, as they explain it he was able to fit into the armor better.

Not sure what you are asking. Feel free to spoil alert or pm. I've read all books.

Book three/tywin spoiler

In the book, Tywin had already left Harrenhal and was marching to meet Robb. Edmure Tully (Cat's brother) set up a defense along the river at Riverrun to prevent Tywin from crossing. Edmure beat back Tywin multiple times and as a result allowed him to receive dispatches that Stannis was marching on King's Landing.

Robb was furious because he wanted to lead Tywin on a wild goose chase and cut him off from his supply lines. I don't think how Tywin learned of King's landing's peril was important in the book, just that he was still close enough to do something about it.....of course, we could be talking about different shit haha

Back