• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

Question.

Are we sure it was a guerilla party from the Boltons that started the fires in the Stannis camp? Or was it just Melisandre pushing Stannis over the edge? Because I sure as heck didn't see anyone lighting those fires.

One of Stannis' men told him it was a party of 20 or less who slipped thru their watch and started the fires. That said, I know what you mean - when they did the overhead shot of the fires started I didn't see anyone running away from them and the fires appeared to be starting on their own.

Question.

Are we sure it was a guerilla party from the Boltons that started the fires in the Stannis camp? Or was it just Melisandre pushing Stannis over the edge? Because I sure as heck didn't see anyone lighting those fires.

We're guessing that it was Ramsay since he told his dad to give him 20 men and they even showed it in the preview.

and why did the god of fire not put the fires out?

The god of fire can only start fires. He's not this guy.

I just thought that if it were actually Ramsay, he'd get a little screen time. But I guess the fact that it was in the preview is enough for me.

I remember Ramsay saying he was going to go, but we never got confirm that he did.

I just thought that if it were actually Ramsay, he'd get a little screen time. But I guess the fact that it was in the preview is enough for me.

I remember Ramsay saying he was going to go, but we never got confirm that he did.

That scene was weak. I can accept Ramsey sneaking into the camp late at night but not synchronizing detonation charges on wildfire incendiary devices that result in spontaneous large flames and explosions.

Couldn't remember if it was all the nights watch that did him in. Also in the book didn't smoke come out? Didn't see that on screen

So they had Melisandre return shortly before he is betrayed and she is still there in the books (I think). It'd seem here presence there is significant for the show to make her return when there doesn't really seem any reason for her to have returned to Castle Black. But she does have a lot of curiosity/admiration of Jon Snow and it's possible that she saw a vision of Jon being killed in the fires at Stannis' camp.

Also, I swore that the actress who plays Melisandre said a few weeks ago that she had one more significant scene with Jon Snow this season. Could it be that they filmed him being resurrected by her but then cut it for the suspense of his death?

And he tried to call for Ghost but couldn't get it out; and Ghost was not around in the scene in the book (in the book, Wun Wun was going nuts and Jon raced out to calm things and the Watch turned on him).

The last line: "He never felt the fourth knife. Only the cold ..."

in the book there was definitely mention of smoking blood. i think they made it a little clearer in the show that melissandra backed the wrong horse. all the prophesies she had could easily point to snow rather than stannis and they made it a point to show her face before she took off. seemed more obvious she realized she messed up. preffy confident that jon snow survives somehow. either he is the chosen one or mel just saves him. maybe the giant shows up and destroys all the nights watch traitors while mel works her magic.

Can someone tell me options for watching season 1 of GOT? I have Hulu, Netfix and Amazon Prime but I can't seem to find it on any of these.

Prime has a partnership with hbo but it's mostly older stuff. You could get hbo go for a month or two and burn through.

GoT is only on HBO Go. So you'll either need to have access to HBO Go or buy the season/episodes somewhere.

HBO allows some other streaming services to carry their programming but GoT is one of the shows excluded from the content (I think True Blood or Boardwalk Empire is another).

Back