• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

1) Who is feeding all of this shit to Qyborn and Cersei? They always seem to know too much. Obvious choice is Varys and I think Tyrion just got ruled out as a possible informant.

2) Nice little throw in with the annulment record- Jonny boy is the rightful heir, but will he pursue it.

3) this season is going by way too fast

The plan to bring Cersei a white walker so she believes they exist doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Sam will see it and bring it to the Maesters

...he already did that? It didn't work. Or do you mean bring the actual wight to Oldtown? It's much more likely a maester in KL or nearby sees it and tells his homeboys.

I can't figure out how they're going to capture one. There is an army of thousands upon thousands marching their way, how do they think they'll get a single one alone and be able to transport it?

Also, I think the plan will convince Jaime that the real war is against the Dead, but Cersei will want to go after Dany, which will lead to Jaime killing Cersei.

Though, the whole pregnancy thing throws that for a loop. Speaking of, is the pregnancy real? or a ploy from Cersei to keep Jaime in line since she knew he "betrayed" her?

I think the next episode ends with the band of seven surrounded by wights and Dany flies in with Drogon to save her crush.

...he already did that? It didn't work. Or do you mean bring the actual wight to Oldtown? It's much more likely a maester in KL or nearby sees it and tells his homeboys.

I can't figure out how they're going to capture one. There is an army of thousands upon thousands marching their way, how do they think they'll get a single one alone and be able to transport it?

Also, I think the plan will convince Jaime that the real war is against the Dead, but Cersei will want to go after Dany, which will lead to Jaime killing Cersei.

Though, the whole pregnancy thing throws that for a loop. Speaking of, is the pregnancy real? or a ploy from Cersei to keep Jaime in line since she knew he "betrayed" her?

I think the next episode ends with the band of seven surrounded by wights and Dany flies in with Drogon to save her crush.

Yeah I had this thought as well, but Qyburn and her talking right at the beginning of that scene with her saying "that won't be necessary" or something like that kinda validates it's for real after re-watching. Gotta think he was offering to help her abort it and I don't think she's smart enough to have him fake that right as Jaime is coming in.

SPEAKING OF SMART THOUGH, WTF is Littlefinger plotting/doing here. Did he plant a fake note for Arya to find? or was that actually legit but he did want/expect her to find it?

Yeah I had this thought as well, but Qyburn and her talking right at the beginning of that scene with her saying "that won't be necessary" or something like that kinda validates it's for real after re-watching. Gotta think he was offering to help her abort it and I don't think she's smart enough to have him fake that right as Jaime is coming in.

SPEAKING OF SMART THOUGH, WTF is Littlefinger plotting/doing here. Did he plant a fake note for Arya to find? or was that actually legit but he did want/expect her to find it?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08...hat-littlefingers-letter-that-arya-found-says

Last edited:

We had the same discussion...I paused it an the note is Sansa's scroll to Robb saying that Robert was dead and that Ned plotted to take the throne from Joffrey and asked Robb to pledge fealty to Joffrey, which is what she was told to do. He wouldn't have to fake that, so I'm guessing it's just something to put the wedge between Arya and Sansa. This is the first she's heard of Sansa portraying Ned as a "traitor".

He's trying to get Arya to distrust Sansa's motives, but I don't know where that leads. From the "inside the episode" the producers said he needs to keep that sisterly bond from strengthening to keep his grasp of power, but I'm not sure his end goal. The convos with Glover and Royce confused me...what was he doing with them? Does he want Sansa to rule the North with his influence? Or is he trying to get the other Starks to distrust her, and then get Glover/Royce/the Northmen to do the same?

Littlefinger has always been the wildcard to me. I know he wants power, but does he honestly think he can take the throne? He has no foundation whatsoever.

ETA: I started typing this at like 2:30am, but never hit SUBMIT lol, looks like I just reiterated DeacHead's post.

Last edited:

In the books and early in the series, Cersei talks about meeting an old woman when she was young. The old woman is a fortune teller who tells Cersei: 1) she will marry the king (she did), 2) she will be queen but replaced by a younger prettier queen (Margery fullfilled this) 3) she will have three children who will all die (check) and 4) she will be killed by "little brother."

Being pregnant probably makes Cersei think she is breaking curse as this would be her fourth child. For the show, it could be a precursor of her death, as everything said in the curse has come true.

In the books and early in the series, Cersei talks about meeting an old woman when she was young. The old woman is a fortune teller who tells Cersei: 1) she will marry the king (she did), 2) she will be queen but replaced by a younger prettier queen (Margery fullfilled this) 3) she will have three children who will all die (check) and 4) she will be killed by "little brother."

Being pregnant probably makes Cersei think she is breaking curse as this would be her fourth child. For the show, it could be a precursor of her death, as everything said in the curse has come true.

Yeah no chance she ever has the kid. It's either a ploy, or she dies beforehand. Who is going to save the dudes north of the wall next week? The obvious thought is Dany - but I think Bran could be involved somehow (warg into dragon??).

Jon Snow is gonna get fucked up and become the new King Of The Dead, then kill one of Dany's dragons and turn it into his mount. Epic battle between he and Dany in the sky ensues, both die, Cersei is queen, Jaime kills her, Blacksmith Barathion becomes king. End of series.

Who even is the true heir right now? Gendry or Jon or neither? I guess Jon would have been first but his "family" was overthrown - making Robert the new king, who died of "natural" causes. But Gendry is a bastard. Can bastards be king?

There is no united seven kingdoms right now, so there is no true heir such as you are thinking.

I think a better question is going to be how is Dany going to react when she realizes she isn't the next up from the Targaryen line. Her whole purpose has been becoming queen of the seven kingdoms and regaining her family's throne. What happens when she realizes that regaining her family's throne may mean she isn't the queen of the seven kingdoms?

Does seem like Jon lying to Dany about being brought back to life will have some relevance at some point t

There is no united seven kingdoms right now, so there is no true heir such as you are thinking.

I think a better question is going to be how is Dany going to react when she realizes she isn't the next up from the Targaryen line. Her whole purpose has been becoming queen of the seven kingdoms and regaining her family's throne. What happens when she realizes that regaining her family's throne may mean she isn't the queen of the seven kingdoms?

Meh, they're gonna hook up and it'll all be good. Kelly C has had some lusty eyes for Jon the last few eps. The Targs are also big on the incest thing so it'll be accepted too.

If they don't, I think we're starting to see that Kelly C is more of a conqueror and not really a good ruler. So it makes more sense to have her win Westeros and for Jon to ultimately rule it. I'm not counting on anything yet though, Cersei is definitely going to have something up her sleeve w/ this armistice business.

think some are a little confused. the plan is not capturing a white walker. they want a zombie. jon said they brought a dead body south of the wall and it still turned into a zombie. agree that marching into an army and capturing one sounds... difficult.

so bran is going to say jon is a targ and the rightful ruler. he won't believe it until sam remembers and looks for the confirmation.

if dani brings a dragon to meet with cersei and the hidden super crossbows whip out and fill it full of bolts i'll be annoyed. i'll also be annoyed if dani flies over the wall and saves jon. they need something better than that.

Back