• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Game of Thrones - House of the Dragon - (and beyond) Discussion (spoilers allowed)

think some are a little confused. the plan is not capturing a white walker. they want a zombie. jon said they brought a dead body south of the wall and it still turned into a zombie. agree that marching into an army and capturing one sounds... difficult.

Ooh, so maybe The Hound gets turned into a zombie and they bring him to Cersei and he has an epic deathmatch with The Mountain?

Also, isn't Sam now the head of his house? It would seem like the simultaneous roasting of his dad and brother would have some relevance. But he did take the oath, so maybe not...

Did I completely miss this, or did Sam's woman read about Jon's biological parents being married, and Sam went back to talking about literal shit? I need to rewatch this episode tonight.

Ooh, so maybe The Hound gets turned into a zombie and they bring him to Cersei and he has an epic deathmatch with The Mountain?

Also, isn't Sam now the head of his house? It would seem like the simultaneous roasting of his dad and brother would have some relevance. But he did take the oath, so maybe not...

Even aside from taking the black, when you become a maester you relinquish your family name.

Did I completely miss this, or did Sam's woman read about Jon's biological parents being married, and Sam went back to talking about literal shit? I need to rewatch this episode tonight.

Yep. I can see a scenario when there's some big confrontation between Jon and Dany where Dany starts reciting her CV and Gilly hears Rhaegar's name mentioned and she saves the realm by blurting out "Oh I know that guy, his marriage was annulled and he married Lyanna."

Yeah. Of course, Sam (and all the characters aside from Bran) don't know what the audience knows regarding Jon so it didn't mean anything to him at the time.

gilly also did not read any names (and likely would not have recorded jon's name since he was a newborn when ned and his bros showed up.

sam taking the black did take away his claim to his family home. however, a king or queen could certainly absolve him of that commitment. in the books rob wrote and sent a letter with one of his peeps calling jon back from castle black and legitimizing him as a stark rather than snow. not sure what the maester acceptance did to his claim but he did steal sh!t and quit so they might be pissed.

gilly also did not read any names (and likely would not have recorded jon's name since he was a newborn when ned and his bros showed up.

sam taking the black did take away his claim to his family home. however, a king or queen could certainly absolve him of that commitment. in the books rob wrote and sent a letter with one of his peeps calling jon back from castle black and legitimizing him as a stark rather than snow. not sure what the maester acceptance did to his claim but he did steal sh!t and quit so they might be pissed.

Yes she did, she specifically mentioned Prince Rhaegar, I just rewatched that scene to confirm (48:00 mark).

Yes she did, she specifically mentioned Prince Rhaegar, I just rewatched that scene to confirm (48:00 mark).

fair enough. i was mostly thinking of not mentioning lyanna stark's name and making the obvious connection for sam.

Jon Snow is gonna get fucked up and become the new King Of The Dead, then kill one of Dany's dragons and turn it into his mount. Epic battle between he and Dany in the sky ensues, both die, Cersei is queen, Jaime kills her, Blacksmith Barathion becomes king. End of series.

i like this with littlefinger as the hand of the king

i like this too

I would love Jon dying and becoming Ice King, but with the news Gilly found there is no way he is gonna die next week

She mentioned Rhaegar because she stumbled over the pronunciation of the name. It did not say who he chose to marry, though. I think it was something like, "So he could marry another."

She said something like he simultaneously married someone in Dorne.

Oh look this one scroll out of thousands happens to have the one footnote pertinent to who is heir to the throne and no one bothered to ever check before

Jon Snow is gonna get fucked up and become the new King Of The Dead, then kill one of Dany's dragons and turn it into his mount. Epic battle between he and Dany in the sky ensues, both die, Cersei is queen, Jaime kills her, Blacksmith Barathion becomes king but is slowly dying from black lung after all those years as a blacksmith and appoints the king of the Kings, the freer of ACLs, the ACC tournament champion, THE BIG TICKET to take over the throne. End of series, everyone is happy.

fify

eYLUahVu.jpg

She mentioned Rhaegar because she stumbled over the pronunciation of the name. It did not say who he chose to marry, though. I think it was something like, "So he could marry another."

We have no reason to believe she finished reading the entry about Rhaegar.. We don't know whether the text mentioned anyone else or not. What we do know is that "The high septon Maynard, he recorded everything" and that concurrent with the annulment, "he married her to someone else at the same time in a secret ceremony in Dorne." The "he" here being Maynard, who performed both the annulment and the marriage, so he knows all the involved parties. Given that they make an effort to show Maynard was so fastidious, I'm willing to bet there are very significant details that Gilly didn't get to say aloud because Sam paid no attention to her and was solely focused on his own issues.

Maybe the red shirts brought some dragon glass on their sled but outside of the flaming swords and Jon's valyrian sword, the other main cast members have their original weaponry without any modifications, which won't do anything against their opponents. So yeah, this is not going to go well if they run into a big group.

Back