• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GAMEDAY!!!!

I almost posted the same thing as wakelaw13 here. The reason to think so is due to increased ball handling and transfers required with any option offense and particularly a 3xO offense. Pitches, fakes, precise timing. Especially in a first game of the season where it's not all muscle memory yet and it could be a real issue for them. In contrast, our rushing and passing are more straightforward and manageable. Remember our excellent performance against Syracuse in a downpour two years ago.

Exceptions /= rule. I'm going with rain favoring the team that keeps the ball on the ground. Turf negates some of it, but a slippery field makes it tough on a defense reacting to a triple option as well. Not to mention our offense is of the more explosive type than Tulane's and big plays tend to be harder to come by in the rain, favoring the team that can score through time of possession and grinding it down the field. Rain is also a distraction that could get into a young QB's head...he's already drinking from a fire hose for his first college game and adverse conditions probably won't help.

Last edited:
I still think we're the better team, but rain at gametime favors Tulane.

I dunno. I would be sweating bullets if I'm a Greenwave DB knowing I have to somehow cover the Dortch when slippery surface and having to try and stay on him. He has to be the most dynamic playmaker on the field and would get it to him as much as possible on end rounds, quick screen/slants, etc.

I still think we're the better team, but rain at gametime favors Tulane.

With us starting a true freshman QB, I have to agree with this. If we had Wolford, we'd be heavy favorites.

I dunno. I would be sweating bullets if I'm a Greenwave DB knowing I have to somehow cover the Dortch when slippery surface and having to try and stay on him. He has to be the most dynamic playmaker on the field and would get it to him as much as possible on end rounds, quick screen/slants, etc.

While I mentioned it as a factor above with regards to defending the option, modern turf just isn't that slippery in the rain. I'm more concerned about the throwing and catching part of that equation.

Out of the office and stopping to grab beer on the way home. Let’s do this thing. Roll damn Deac.

I'm at the Seafood Hut in Calabash getting some fried shrimp, then headed home to pour a draught of Wicked Weed Pernicious from my home kegerator before settling in for the game. Doesn't get any better than that.

Exceptions /= rule. I'm going with rain favoring the team that keeps the ball on the ground. Turf negates some of it, but a slippery field makes it tough on a defense reacting to a triple option as well. Not to mention our offense is of the more explosive type than Tulane's and big plays tend to be harder to come by in the rain, favoring the team that can score through time of possession and grinding it down the field. Rain is also a distraction that could get into a young QB's head...he's already drinking from a fire hose for his first college game and adverse conditions probably won't help.

Large patches of blue sky right now per twitter pic....

Sports are back. Thank god.

Large patches of blue sky right now per twitter pic....
Chance of rain at game time has dropped today.

3273d9aaa542a2e0d91f4fe48aee8352.jpg

About to turn on Stan for the first time this year! Love the Gameday App!

Back