• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GAMEDAY!!!!

Kudos to the defense for eleventy billion stops once Tulane hit our 40. Just cut out the big plays given up and we're looking a lot better on that side of the ball

I can’t wait to fly to W-S to watch Hartman carve BC in two weeks

Definitely will take it. If we could figure out how to run the ball effectively earlier and have a really balanced attack our offense can be really good. I'm just not sure we will pull that off. I mean it took us to ot to wear down Tulane enough to run at all. Guess we will see. Defense is more worrisome imo.

Defense is a worry

This is so much more than a 1-0 start. This is a big tough mental victory as well. Huge cornerstone for the season!

Agreed.

My hat is off to Tulane. Hell of a performance by them. I expect (hope) they will have a very good season. A pity somebody had to lose tonight.

Coburn looked great last year. Again it's just one game. I expect these guys to respond. Towson will be a good chance to work out the kinks in our running game.

Definitely will take it. If we could figure out how to run the ball effectively earlier and have a really balanced attack our offense can be really good. I'm just not sure we will pull that off. I mean it took us to ot to wear down Tulane enough to run at all. Guess we will see. Defense is more worrisome imo.

Well the line was 6.5 and we won by 6 so it's basically a wash. Defense was fine minus a couple big plays over the top - and two of the top four secondary guys got hurt (which could be serious injuries - but the point is the secondary had injury issues)

After trying to digest the disappointments, I'm sure I will be even more amazed at Hartman and Surratt.

Defense wins ‘tis, despise the two big plays. Solid ?d.

Defense and OL are big concerns. If you can't run against Tulane, what will happen later in he season when we play really good teams. The Beef Boys need a talking to-- stop reading your press

4 years of Sam

4 years of Sam

my god

Surratt is legit too. That will be a nice combo with Hartman. Not to mention the other weapons in the pipeline.

Tulane took the conventional wisdom: with a freshman QB, stop the run and make the QB beat you.

Hartman did!

glad we were able to open a couple holes and run the 25 yards without any passes otherwise if we would have been stopped and missed the field goal we would have been all over the coaches for the play-calling ... but it worked out and Oline did just enough when it counted ... none of us would have believed we could have ran 25 yards there after throwing it up and down the field ... the Oline gets to feel good about the way they finished

D had a huge stop at the end of the game, and in OT. I'm not so down on them. Seems like we need to clean up a few glitches. Missed short FG, Bad frosh QB moment in a game where he was spectacular, and save 2 big plays, and this game isn't close. There was a lot of good.

Back