• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Garden and Gun's Ultimate Southern Food Bracket

HALP...inform an ignorant yank*

*not really to both
I've actually never had it myself I don't think, but this is what a Google search turned up

tomatopie5-490x367.jpg

Basically peeled and sliced tomatoes in a pie crust topped with mayo and cheddar with some salt, pepper, and basil.

yeah thats a New Jersey/Northeast dish I think

I call bull shit. Pulled pork is losing to Mac & Cheese by a large margin... poll skewing at it's worst. BS, period.

How in the hell is Mac n cheese killing pulled pork? And Hoppin John beating Brunswick stew. I don't think so. The refs are taking the game out of the players mouths!

When I voted yesterday, pulled pork had a comfortable lead. Maybe some lobbyists acting on HoJo's behalf have been busy.

This inspired me to check up on HoJo's, apparently there are only 3 restaurants still in operation. So there's some other nefarious player in action for this poll.

Motherfucking country fried steak?

Get the fuck out of here.

That final four is so whack.

hoppin' john was the winner of its bracket?! wasn't it in there w/ frogmore stew and stuff?

this is like last year's real Final Four with a bunch of shitty teams and UConn was apparently the least shitty of em all

yeah I was pretty surprised to see some of the region winners... I missed a round of voting in there somewhere.

Cornbread v. Country Fried Steak will be an epic matchup

i can't believe cornbread beat mac & cheese. :rulz:

Maybe people haven't had good mac n cheese?

Also, cornbread is underrated. So is country fried steak. Should they be in the finals? No. But I can understand why they made it.

Fried Chicken had a huge lead last week when I voted and then it lost. I don't understand how that happened.

must have been rigged. no other good explanation.

and go, i agree that mac & cheese can be hit or miss, so maybe people just haven't had GOOD mac and cheese, but i would also say that cornbread is hit or miss. i like good cornbread a lot, but there is also a lot of BAD cornbread out there.

oh man, SO much bad cornbread. the worst is when it's so crumbly it's like it's stale... even though its fresh.

How have people not had good Mac and cheese? Like only eaten blue box stuff all their lives?

Back