• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GATOR BOWL VS TEXAS A&M, psyche RUTGERS

Interesting to see if Rudgers players pass Covid testing protocol or drug testing if they had program done for a month. Who knows where kids have been for weeks like bars throughout NYC. It will be interesting to see if they can field a team.

The game is being played in 8 days, and they have no players on campus right now (and there has been some off-season shuffling on the Rutgers staff); would be a stretch to ask Rutgers to be ready for an inter-squad scrimmage by the morning of December 31; getting everyone back on campus; testing them; preparing them and traveling to J'ville to play a football game against an opponent that has been preparing since December 14 is crazy. Expect Rutgers to be in disarray, and wouldn't be surprised if they drop out before the game.

Nearly played them in the OB, remember watching in Jax as they were playing an OT game vs WVU to see if they'd join us there. 15 years later we'll see 'em in Florida (maybe)

There's a report out saying that bowl games can be moved back to January 10 to accommodate any last minute scrambles as well. Curious to see if that might happen for this game.

Not a hinderance for me since I live in Jacksonville, but would definitely suck if we have to move the game back and it be basically an empty stadium.

The game is being played in 8 days, and they have no players on campus right now (and there has been some off-season shuffling on the Rutgers staff); would be a stretch to ask Rutgers to be ready for an inter-squad scrimmage by the morning of December 31; getting everyone back on campus; testing them; preparing them and traveling to J'ville to play a football game against an opponent that has been preparing since December 14 is crazy. Expect Rutgers to be in disarray, and wouldn't be surprised if they drop out before the game.

I agree with all of this, except that you don't have to test them, unless they are symptomatic or someone is being contact traced.

There's a report out saying that bowl games can be moved back to January 10 to accommodate any last minute scrambles as well. Curious to see if that might happen for this game.

Not a hinderance for me since I live in Jacksonville, but would definitely suck if we have to move the game back and it be basically an empty stadium.

FWIW, that's the date of the CFP Championship game.

Wow that would absolutely screw everyone that’s going to the game

Everything I am seeing on Rutgers' chat and Illinois chat says that Rutgers has been offered and ACCEPTED. Said ESPN announced it about 15 minutes ago.

Anyone tired of playing trash teams from the mid-atlantic yet ?

I wonder how the SEC feels about losing out on their share of $5.3 Million?

Anyone tired of playing trash teams from the mid-atlantic yet ?

9524f974adcbc8e0fcd157c195a4a695.gif

Already a line out there - Wake -11.5. I’d bet Wake if it stays there.

Back