• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GATOR BOWL VS TEXAS A&M, psyche RUTGERS

Wake-Rutgers has to just thrill the Gator Bowl Committee. It just screams football blue bloods.

Well maybe we can go out and score 100. Go Deacs.

It’s hilarious that Texas AM thinks they are some kind of National power.when they have never even sniffed the SEC championship game much less the playoffs. They underachieve as much as any school the entire country.

Just catching up here , I see Donald Ross is once again getting punked.

It’s hilarious that Texas AM thinks they are some kind of National power.when they have never even sniffed the SEC championship game much less the playoffs. They underachieve as much as any school the entire country.

NC State with better recruiting

I wonder how the SEC feels about losing out on their share of $5.3 Million?

Pocket change. If the SEC had an issue with it, they would have done something about it.

The game is being played in 8 days, and they have no players on campus right now (and there has been some off-season shuffling on the Rutgers staff); would be a stretch to ask Rutgers to be ready for an inter-squad scrimmage by the morning of December 31; getting everyone back on campus; testing them; preparing them and traveling to J'ville to play a football game against an opponent that has been preparing since December 14 is crazy. Expect Rutgers to be in disarray, and wouldn't be surprised if they drop out before the game.

I’m going to bet that Rutgers cancels as well

There's a report out saying that bowl games can be moved back to January 10 to accommodate any last minute scrambles as well. Curious to see if that might happen for this game.

Not a hinderance for me since I live in Jacksonville, but would definitely suck if we have to move the game back and it be basically an empty stadium.

Then I definitely and hopefully Wake would opt out

The “Gator Bowl Committee” has over 200 people on it and they pay a yearly fee to be on the “Committee” and have minimum fundraising requirements. It looks like a Jacksonville civic organization. It’s doubtful they’d ever be apprised of the actual ins and outs of who plays in the game.

https://www.taxslayergatorbowl.com/2021committeerenewal/

The “Gator Bowl Committee” has over 200 people on it and they pay a yearly fee to be on the “Committee” and have minimum fundraising requirements. It looks like a Jacksonville civic organization. It’s doubtful they’d ever be apprised of the actual ins and outs of who plays in the game.

Everyone involved was probably like “fuck we actually have to DO something now?!”

I'm down on WF -12. That's what the line would be if the prep heading into the game was equal. Plus, the WF offense scores a ton of points. Even when Rutgers is ready to play, they don't. There are no locks, but closing line value seems unavoidable, unless WF has a COVID outbreak. Got to believe that the line is 14 or over by kickoff (assuming there is a kickoff). Wouldn't be shocked if it approaches 17.

Even more bizarre about the bowl game system is that these bowl games have full time well paid employees whose entire job involves setting the table for one game a year.

Even more bizarre about the bowl game system is that these bowl games have full time well paid employees whose entire job involves setting the table for one game a year.

Biggest part of setting the table is raising the funds for the payouts. And for what ever charity the bowl supports (if any).

One component of the internet rumor mill society in which we live is sometimes “insiders” get their info from randos like anyone else.

Florida and UCF sold out their bowl.
Some SEC teams can still play!

Back