• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GATOR BOWL VS TEXAS A&M, psyche RUTGERS

Beating Rutgers will lock up the 2021 New Jersey State Championship (2-0).

This may be LOWF, but the potential for a decisive win in a major bowl game against a P5 opponent is better than a decisive loss to an A&M team that beat Bama. It's a bowl game and they're more fun when you win.

Well, now memphis is at loose ends in hawaii. Rutgers coaches are probably kicking themselves for being so quick on the trigger...

No way Rutgers could have played in the Hawaii Bowl today. Plus, the Gator Bowl has a much larger payout.

If Rutgers hadn't accepted the Gator Bowl invitation yesterday, there's a decent chance they would be sitting at home while we played Memphis.

This may be LOWF, but the potential for a decisive win in a major bowl game against a P5 opponent is better than a decisive loss to an A&M team that beat Bama. It's a bowl game and they're more fun when you win.

You thought we were going to lose to A&M? That's cute.

Jackie Jr. flunked out of Rutgers. Kid always was a dumb fuck though, wasn’t he? Didn’t he almost drown in 3 inches of water?

Definitely LOWF, but you’re a Carolina fan so it makes sense

That's where it comes from - as in gig the horned frogs.

For real or are you just jiving me? I never heard that before, even though a million years ago I had a high school friend who went there because he wanted military.

When he came home for Christmas his ass was purple because the sophomores had beat the freshmen with coat hangers. The infraction which incurred this punishment was the freshmen singing "Deck the Halls With Pisshead's ( the name for sophomores ) Balls."

Strange place that College Station.

Anyone still on the fence about going? Was planning to go, now am uncertain. I've said for years that if Wake ever made the Gator Bowl, I'd go. A little bit of ambivalence now since the reality is that the only way Wake would ever be invited is as the loser of the ACCCG, which makes this feel a bit like a consolation prize. I'd always imagined the Gator Bowl berth as the team coming off a strong 9-3 or so season, winning our last 5 games, etc. but the way this sets up "feels" like more of a consolation prize instead of a culmination of a great season (maybe that's just me). The whole team swap, not enthused at all about playing Rutgers, wonder if it will feel like a diminished experience. Anyway, maybe that's being too negative but are we still thinking there will be lots of Deac fans there?

Still going but I’m not sure if I’m going to head up the night before. Doesn’t look like there’s going to be that much to do. I may just get up early and drive up and find a tailgate.

The whole thing just sucks.

I'm going because I love the deacs, this team is fun to watch, and it's bonus football.

Also already paid for everything

gandolfini-rutgersjpg-e9a9dc8bf00041fe.jpg

I'm going because I love the deacs, this team is fun to watch, and it's bonus football.

Also already paid for everything

That’s a good reason to go.

I’ll be there. In 5 years no one will remember anything but the trophy that we won.

Well dixie and phan, if you have some new research you’d like to debut, we can do a tailgate symposium.

Well dixie and phan, if you have some new research you’d like to debut, we can do a tailgate symposium.

Unless they're getting their doctorates in eatin' pussy and drinkin' beer, nobody wants to hear that shit !

Back