• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GATOR BOWL VS TEXAS A&M, psyche RUTGERS

Here is the blurb from the restaurant web site.

Yup! I was good friends with Sam in college and knew his brother well. Haven’t stayed in touch but knew via social media that he was a chef in Jax (partied with him a lot in Charlotte while he was at J&W). It may not be up to date but it’s how I was led to that restaurant: https://ediblenortheastflorida.ediblecommunities.com/chef-jason-swank

If I’m right, it would be cool to get a lot of WF fans to support the Swank/WF connection.

That place is less than 10 minutes from my apartment...I'll shoot you a message with my new number.

Maybe you should alert them, and if they want a Wake Forest bump over new year's, play up the Swank connection. Sam is pretty fondly remembered by Wake football fans. A little wider social media buzz on Wake connected sites...

ETA: Maybe Sam could put in an appearance.

Yeah. I’m in too. Fish, chicken, Swank in Jacksonville. That’s a good omen.

Maybe you should alert them, and if they want a Wake Forest bump over new year's, play up the Swank connection. Sam is pretty fondly remembered by Wake football fans. A little wider social media buzz on Wake connected sites...

ETA: Maybe Sam could put in an appearance.

I'm up in NJ right now for Christmas but will be heading back down to FL next week at some point - I can swing by when I get back into town.

I'm up in NJ right now for Christmas but will be heading back down to FL next week at some point - I can swing by when I get back into town.

Awesome! Thanks dude! (Preferably outside I would think)

Last edited:
One of my buddies from high school that’s a chef actually sent me the link when Beach Road Chicken Dinners was for sale. Glad to see it got scooped up.

Awesome! Thanks dude! (Preferably outside I would think)

It's going to be in the high 70s next week going down to 60 at night. That absolutely calls for eating outside! (one of my favorite things about living in Florida is I can eat outdoors for most of my meals).

Same here. That was the case even before COVID. Looking forward to meeting up with you guys.

What is the best plan for parking if not tailgating? Is there an easy place to park to take the water taxi over to the stadium?

Sorry, about 2 days late to the thread here, but wanted to share some thoughts my son had regarding Jimbo and A&M bowing out of the Gator bowl. This btw is after I texted him excoriating those fuckers and Jimbo as a total chicken shit coach. Here's the gist.

Jimbo is a genius for getting a significant portion of his "extra bowl practices", doesn't have to worry about his transfers out of the program and his NFL guys leaving, gets to spend Christmas at home with his family and doesn't risk losing to L'il ole Wake Forest and popping a pimple all over his reputation. A&M had literally nothing to gain by playing the game as of 2 days ago except a trip to fucking Jacksonville, a shithole ( I lived there for 3 years after college, I know). The only thing the players lose is some crap swag. BTW, my son hates Jimbo as much as I do. I hate to admit it, but I think he's right.

After thinking about it I added the fact that Wake, especially as an 11.5 pt favorite now has EVERYTHING to lose vs a crap Rutgers team with only 3 practice days, a blank slate as far as who we are, and a bunch of kids missing out on the full Christmas break. Rutgers now has our normal position, expected to lose, so happy to get any trip anywhere no matter the outcome, and a surprise victory is somewhat historic. Never been to Piscataway but I'm guessing Jax seems like paradise to Rutgers. If we know anything about Schiano we know he can coach college kids. I really hope our Deacs have their big boy pants on down there, anger in their hearts for losing 3 of our last 4, and no mercy. Make a statement Deacs ! That's really all you get out of this.

Sorry, about 2 days late to the thread here, but wanted to share some thoughts my son had regarding Jimbo and A&M bowing out of the Gator bowl. This btw is after I texted him excoriating those fuckers and Jimbo as a total chicken shit coach. Here's the gist.

Jimbo is a genius for getting a significant portion of his "extra bowl practices", doesn't have to worry about his transfers out of the program and his NFL guys leaving, gets to spend Christmas at home with his family and doesn't risk losing to L'il ole Wake Forest and popping a pimple all over his reputation. A&M had literally nothing to gain by playing the game as of 2 days ago except a trip to fucking Jacksonville, a shithole ( I lived there for 3 years after college, I know). The only thing the players lose is some crap swag. BTW, my son hates Jimbo as much as I do. I hate to admit it, but I think he's right.

After thinking about it I added the fact that Wake, especially as an 11.5 pt favorite now has EVERYTHING to lose vs a crap Rutgers team with only 3 practice days, a blank slate as far as who we are, and a bunch of kids missing out on the full Christmas break. Rutgers now has our normal position, expected to lose, so happy to get any trip anywhere no matter the outcome, and a surprise victory is somewhat historic. Never been to Piscataway but I'm guessing Jax seems like paradise to Rutgers. If we know anything about Schiano we know he can coach college kids. I really hope our Deacs have their big boy pants on down there, anger in their hearts for losing 3 of our last 4, and no mercy. Make a statement Deacs ! That's really all you get out of this.

As Wake fans we often lament playing the likes of Rutgers, APP, etc. b/c of the "everything to lose/nothing to gain" bit, but that's the price of playing big-boy football and at this point being fairly decent at it. If "nothing to win/everything to lose" was a true factor in scheduling, Alabama would probably skip playing nonconference games all-together and just play an SEC slate.

I’d be surprised if this game is competitive at all. Sure there’s a bit of a letdown risk. But Rutgers was not good this year, has not been practicing and will be preparing an unusual, explosive offense on virtually no notice.

Back