• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GATOR BOWL VS TEXAS A&M, psyche RUTGERS

At least as of right now, the weather looks absolutely perfect for Friday - 74 degrees at kickoff, going up to 80 in the second half. Temps in the 80s Wednesday-Saturday with little chance of rain at all during this time.

I wonder how often, if ever, a bowl game has featured a team who won twice as many regular-season games as its opponent

I remember BYU-Michigan the year BYU won the national championship, but that was 11 wins to 6, so not quite

I would bet never. Typically a team needs to win at least 6 games to get to a bowl. Doubt a 6 win team would be matched with a 12 win team.

This game will be a blowout for Wake.
Rutgers’ offense is bad. They won’t score much.
Rutgers hasn’t seen an offense like Wake. Hartman will throw for 400+ yards and we’ll score a bunch.
Almost everybody will get to play in the 4th quarter.

Tidbit for those who care: Adam Scheier is special teams coordinator at Rutgers. I could see him pull everything out of his bag of tricks for the game against Wake.

ETA:

Their punter is a Ray Guy Award semifinalist. He holds the season and career records for longest average punt distance.

Last edited:
Tidbit for those who care: Adam Scheier is special teams coordinator at Rutgers. I could see him pull everything out of his bag of tricks for the game against Wake.

If I was Rutgers I’d pull out every trick play in the books, talk about a no lose situation for them.

This thread is now centered on our opponent's PUNTER. omg

If the game goes well for Wake, he could set a school record for punts.

Just thought it was an interesting parallel to Wake some years ago. Adam Scheier as Special Teams Coordinator. Aussie punter with big leg. Potential Ray Guy Award winner.

Last edited:
The punter also flew all the way back from Australia for this game. Hopefully he doesn’t infect the entire Rutgers’ team before kickoff.

The punter also flew all the way back from Australia for this game. Hopefully he doesn’t infect the entire Rutgers’ team before kickoff.

Did he make it back? An article I saw said Schiano wasn't even sure that he was going to make it.

It also mentioned that Rutgers doesn't know how they will be getting to Jacksonville at this point either - they had two charter flights fall through and they're open to taking a bus or train at this point.

At least as of right now, the weather looks absolutely perfect for Friday - 74 degrees at kickoff, going up to 80 in the second half. Temps in the 80s Wednesday-Saturday with little chance of rain at all during this time.

Nice, as long as not a lot of wind Wake side of the score board should look like a pinball machine.

Did he make it back? An article I saw said Schiano wasn't even sure that he was going to make it.

It also mentioned that Rutgers doesn't know how they will be getting to Jacksonville at this point either - they had two charter flights fall through and they're open to taking a bus or train at this point.

I saw on Twitter that he did but can’t find it now.

I saw on Twitter that he did but can’t find it now.

Ah. Either way, that's a long way to travel even in normal times (been there, done that...even in business class flying across the Pacific three times in a week sucked).

Also, looks like Rutgers finally found a plane (on some sketchy ass airline) and will get to Jacksonville this afternoon.

Ah. Either way, that's a long way to travel even in normal times (been there, done that...even in business class flying across the Pacific three times in a week sucked).

Also, looks like Rutgers finally found a plane (on some sketchy ass airline) and will get to Jacksonville this afternoon.

Rutgers only needs the plane to make one successful landing after they get on.

It’s nearly 13 hours to Jacksonville according to the Internet. Imagining them taking a bus is incredible.

Meanwhile our guys appear to be enjoying a beautiful morning practice in Amelia Island according to the Instagram posts.

It’s nearly 13 hours to Jacksonville according to the Internet. Imagining them taking a bus is incredible.

I think Schiano was being a little tongue in cheek with those comments. Think that was a more about how badly Rutgers wants to play.

Back