• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GATOR BOWL VS TEXAS A&M, psyche RUTGERS

Based upon today's presser, Currie said a "number of teams" had texted him with interest to play. One texted him during the presser. But, as Currie accurately noted, it's up to the Gator Bowl. Apparently, they will find 22 warm bodies to play Wake.

What a damn mess.

Should just make it Florida- still playing, will have a week between games, short drive, would draw fans.

Agreed

SDSU and Utah St have both campaigned to play in the Gator Bowl apparently

I could not care less among Rutgers Illinois SDSU Utah State.

It really doesn't matter among that type of tram, or even a second-chance bowl team.

The only ones that would be "more fun than just fine" for me would be Florida, FAMU, some other HBCU, Navy, one of the Dakota teams, or maybe JMU. Oh, and BYU, who deserves better than the Independence Bowl... although, with that name, maybe their destiny to go there is too strong. I guess LSU would be fun too. Oh, and Texas.

I really don't care that we're not playing TAMU. We've already beaten them. Next, Rutgers is fine, I don't care who we beat.

Also surely some of these kids on these 5-7 teams would rather stay home/go home than start practice again after a month off just for some swag bag at the Gator Bowl

I could not care less among Rutgers Illinois SDSU Utah State.

It really doesn't matter among that type of tram, or even a second-chance bowl team.

The only ones that would be "more fun than just fine" for me would be Florida, FAMU, some other HBCU, Navy, one of the Dakota teams, or maybe JMU. Oh, and BYU, who deserves better than the Independence Bowl... although, with that name, maybe their destiny to go there is too strong. I guess LSU would be fun too. Oh, and Texas.

I really don't care that we're not playing TAMU. We've already beaten them. Next, Rutgers is fine, I don't care who we beat.

Weird take

Also surely some of these kids on these 5-7 teams would rather stay home/go home than start practice again after a month off just for some swag bag at the Gator Bowl

Yeah- the logistics of that makes no sense to me. Haven't played for a month. The team is scattered all over the place after going home for break. So what would the coaches say to them? "Ok enjoy Christmas, on Sunday we're having practice so everyone needs to be there, yeah even you guys who live in California and weren't planning to come back to campus for another couple weeks. We'll practice for 4 days, fly down to Florida on Thursday, and play the game at 11am on Friday". How would that even possibly work?

Is Ticketmaster offering refunds for this? I haven't seen anything and I paid WAY too much for great seats to see Rutgers

Rutgers. . . ugh. Let's at least beat the hell out of them to make it fun to watch.

I know you’re joking, but those of you suggesting we play the Jaguars must not remember how we played against a Trevor Lawrence.

I am just glad we are playing. Figure the team (s) is (are) too.

Ah yes. I'm old enough to remember when a bowl game was a reward for a good season and a chance to play an OOC opponent worthy of the same. This is not a reward.

Ah yes. I'm old enough to remember when a bowl game was a reward for a good season and a chance to play an OOC opponent worthy of the same. This is not a reward.

It is one more opportunity for this Wake team to win 11 games. Something no other Wake team has done, ever.

I’m just glad our guys have a chance to play one more time, and we as fans have a chance to watch one more time. Don’t really care who the opponent is, just please prepare for them adequately.

Back