• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GATOR BOWL VS TEXAS A&M, psyche RUTGERS

Roberson clarified his reason.

good for jaquarii. very excited to see what keshawn williams can do.

It’s nearly 13 hours to Jacksonville according to the Internet. Imagining them taking a bus is incredible.

Depends. Some of these charter buses are really nice; plenty of leg room and reclining seats. Get on the thing around 6P on campus, ass around on the bus playing cards, video games, etc. until 11pm or so, close your eyes and wake up in Florida as the sun is coming up. Would still prefer the charter plane, but if somehow they got stuck with commercial I'd take a premier-class bus over an hour to the airport, 2 hours ahead for security clearance and boarding, an hour flight with your knees at your chin to Atlanta or wherever to change planes, commuter hop to J'Ville then luggage, etc. before busing to the stadium= a 10/12 hr. day before you know it. Commercial travel, and in particular with a large group is the worst (this based on my pre-covide experiences with 20-30 people on a ski junket).

I believe he had knee surgery after the Pitt game and wouldn't be playing in the bowl game regardless.

Is anyone rethinking going? I am under no illusions that this game actually happens.

I’m more confident because A&M already bailed and Rutgers rallied for the check. I think Rutgers is going to participate no matter what. It may not be competitive but it will be a game.

Both teams want to play and feel they have something to play for. Thus it is likely both teams find enough players to play.

Ok thanks for talking me off the ledge, folks. See you in Jax.

Is anyone rethinking going? I am under no illusions that this game actually happens.

I requested a refund today and cancelled my tickets to the event the night before. Still making the trip down to stay at the beach but can’t justify risking exposing my unvaccinated kids.

Amelia Island is ready to welcome you!

1bded9083953e3cbe79e9ea1d12c7b74.jpg

We're still optimistic about going, but haven't bought tickets or booked a hotel. Assume we'll do that on the drive down Thursday, hopefully at this point news will leak about an outbreak by then if it's going to happen.

I haven't bought my tickets yet, but that's not a big concern of mine since there's a ton on Vivid and StubHub.

I'm more worried if anything about my flight back to Jax tomorrow getting canceled due to Omicron (though I at least have a couple of backup options).

Back