• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GAUGE OF WELLMAN SUPPORT

AT WHAT LEVEL DO YOU SUPPORT RON WELLMAN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A serious round of applause to those who are willing to wait on Ron to screw up yet another time...

Probably unnecessary to throw in my $.02 but I feel like I'm pretty level-headed when it comes to stuff like this and generally give the benefit of the doubt, but Wellman absolutely has to go. There's really not any conceivable argument or rationale benchmarked against other reputable college sports programs that would make a case for him to stay. He hit an iceberg, shot up a couple flares and is now watching his own ship sink and hasn't done anything about it. Who cares who he hires next? He's done more damage to our major sports programs over the last five years than I believe could have been done if nobody were in charge or if a group of pollsters were put in his seat. He royally screwed up and should be punished for it. End of story.

yeah. never mind. Wellman can go fuck himself. Looks like he fucked up the hire that could have put him back in good graces with some fans.

I believe a significant reason for our lack of success in securing these young, successful coaches is Wellman, himself. Of course, it's the $$ as well. But, at the end of the day, all things are equal,
Wellman can in no way be an asset at the negotiating table.

Can you imagine a Lembo listening to the pompous ass for more than 30 minutes and not want to go out back and shoot himself?
Seriously, you know many of the creative, A-personality folks simply run the other way from him due to his arrogance and small-mindedness.

I generally prefer my Athletic Directors not have bicycle accident induced brain damage.

I think Clawson was a good hire, but he still needs to fix our basketball program.

No football hire makes up for the Buzzaster and the last 3+ years of lies and bullshit. #WellmanOUT. His salary is a drain on the athletic department. The fact that he and Bzz make over $2 million combined is a complete atrocity considering the state of our revenue sports over the last 3-5 years.

Bz is an unforgivable mistake. It's a hire only Wellman would have made and he is punishing us with it.

I believe a significant reason for our lack of success in securing these young, successful coaches is Wellman, himself. Of course, it's the $$ as well. But, at the end of the day, all things are equal, Wellman can in no way be an asset at the negotiating table.

Can you imagine a Lembo listening to the pompous ass for more than 30 minutes and not want to go out back and shoot himself?
Seriously, you know many of the creative, A-personality folks simply run the other way from him due to his arrogance and small-mindedness.

No football hire makes up for the Buzzaster and the last 3+ years of lies and bullshit. #WellmanOUT. His salary is a drain on the athletic department. The fact that he and Bzz make over $2 million combined is a complete atrocity considering the state of our revenue sports over the last 3-5 years.

Bz is an unforgivable mistake. It's a hire only Wellman would have made and he is punishing us with it.

Bz is an "unforgivable mistake" because Wellman has continued to cram him down our throat for four years. If our egomaniac AD had done a mea culpa after Bz Year 1 or possibly even Bz Year 2, he could have been forgiven (at least for basketball) by most of the fans and alumni. Most of the diehard BuzzIN crowd was even BuzzOUT after Year 3. SO TO BRING BUZZ BACK FOR YEAR FOUR !?!?!

Additionally, he has a demonstrated record of incompetence when it comes to building (and sustaining) successful athletic programs and he has exhibited an appalling lack of integrity. ...He has to go...

WellmanOUT! And the sooner the better. Preferably before April so someone else can hire Buzz's replacement.

Last edited:
Back