• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gelo Orange earns US Citizenship

RollTheQuad06

rolling quads since 2002
Reaction score
"After Wake Forest coaches announced that Gelo Orange received his U.S. citizenship, his football teammates with the Demon Deacons gave him a standing ovation.

"Welcome to America," they told him."

Follow the link for a nice piece about Gelo Orange getting his citizenship.

W00t!
JELLO-orange.jpg

After taking that test, he now knows more about United States history than the average born citizen.

I love that the team gave him a standing ovation. Good job Gelo

Donald Trump just held a press conference, reminding us that Gelo is unable to run for POTUS.

That's awesome. If you ever get a chance, I highly recommend watching a naturalization ceremony in person. It's an amazing experience.

Gelo is a great guy and I am happy for him

I am however curious, do you really only need to answer 5 questions out of 100 correctly to be a citizen? It says he studied 100 questions and was granted citizenship after he answered 5. Or do they pick a certain number out of the 100 to give you?

Gelo is a great guy and I am happy for him

I am however curious, do you really only need to answer 5 questions out of 100 correctly to be a citizen? It says he studied 100 questions and was granted citizenship after he answered 5. Or do they pick a certain number out of the 100 to give you?

It is an interview not a written test. There are 100 sample questions, but they give you ten in your interview. You have to get six out of ten correct.

Link

The level of commitment it takes to become a citizen is astonishing. Gelo deserves all the kudos in the world for going through the process. Congrats are definitely in order.

There are only a few things you gain from becoming a citizen that you cannot do as a resident alien - vote and serve in a jury. Most natural born citizens don't do either.

Consider the effort Gelo had to put into this honor the next time you are too lazy to vote.

I did not know he was not a citizen. Congrats to Gelo!

Back