• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

You never can just shut the fuck up and accept that someone else is correct? You've always got to have some stupid ass quip?

I not only accepted he was correct, but stated so expressly. Settle down, dear. Your blood pressure is poorly invested this morning.

This is the post when LK officially became a "micro-old."

No kidding. I've had a long few days and am ready to go yell at some kids to get off my lawn.

I used to be that good-looking....

But as to the facts of the matter, all I've said here is that her speaking fees and riders are not out of line or even surprising. Apparently, some here really oppose the free market system.

Why haven't the people who obsess with Hillary's income not been the same on Trump who makes more than six times as much per speech?

As do I... however, if a conservative held the Sec of State post and was currently running for president with the exact same track record as HRC (accepting donations through a foundation in exchange for influence, ducking FOI requests through a homebrew email server, similar speaking fees, etc.) the left and especially the "lean forward" media would be frothing at the mouth crying foul, corruption, "crony" capitalism, etc.

Yet instead the left has now decreed this is a non-story and no big deal because everybody does it.

Hypocrisy, indeed.

I think people on the left and right would be happy if Colin Powell was running for president.

I used to be that good-looking....

But as to the facts of the matter, all I've said here is that her speaking fees and riders are not out of line or even surprising. Apparently, some here really oppose the free market system.

Why haven't the people who obsess with Hillary's income not been the same on Trump who makes more than six times as much per speech?

Because you've latched onto the diversionary talking point that it's about the amount of money and not who paid her the money.

JGYzOzS.jpg

Of you could just admit she's crooked as advertised. Whichever.

With the exception of a few of the most commielib commielibs, I don't think anybody on here would disagree that Clinton is crooked.

I like the "as advertised" bit, though. That's a textbook goalpost in motion [TM].

I had a thought as I was looking at the most recent batch of polls. Obama is still polling a few % points higher in his approval than disapproval. I had thought the change from a few to several down from the midterms to a few up had to do with him seizing the initiative and not giving a fuck after playing defense in the midterms. And I do think that is part of it. But does anyone else think it may also be partially due to the total shiteheads both the Dems and Pubs ran for prez this election season, and when folks compared him to who was running they began to think he's not so bad?

I had a thought as I was looking at the most recent batch of polls. Obama is still polling a few % points higher in his approval than disapproval. I had thought the change from a few to several down from the midterms to a few up had to do with him seizing the initiative and not giving a fuck after playing defense in the midterms. And I do think that is part of it. But does anyone else think it may also be partially due to the total shiteheads both the Dems and Pubs ran for prez this election season, and when folks compared him to who was running they began to think he's not so bad?

Absolutely.

I think most here would take four more years of him than any of the candidates left.

Back