• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

Sarcasm will not cover for the fact you are in deep denial over your support for a total scumbag.

Yeah, we are holding our noses and voting for the lesser of 2 evils and yes HRC "trumps" Bernie in all departments.

Sometimes when I see the Harden avatar multiple times I think you are just trying to drive up your post count.

Famous people get paid a lot for speeches

Nobody is even blind to the political things she did it's just we don't give a shit since the alternative to her is far far worse that's the majority on this board most likely.

I really don't think that her "shady deals" or whatever will really affect the majority of the country at all. Whatever the fuck Trump would do in office, would, however.

And I can't begrudge a famous person for making bank in speaking fees. It's good, easy work if you can get it. And obviously people are lining up to pay it.

1. Please see earlier post regarding the enormous double standard applied to Clinton's speaking fees. Rudy Giuliani regularly got paid over $700,000 per speech between leaving as Mayor of NYC and running for President in 2008 and nobody mentioned it or batted an eyelash about it in the media - liberal, conservative or otherwise.

2. Everyone understands that the "software on their systems intended to block phishing emails that could deliver dangerous viruses" is the fucking spam blocker, right?

Famous people get paid a lot for speeches

Hillary averages($250,000) more per speech than Bill Clinton($200,000) and George W Bush($150,000). Why is an ex Sec of State averaging more than two two-term Presidents?

1. Please see earlier post regarding the enormous double standard applied to Clinton's speaking fees. Rudy Giuliani regularly got paid over $700,000 per speech between leaving as Mayor of NYC and running for President in 2008 and nobody mentioned it or batted an eyelash about it in the media - liberal, conservative or otherwise.

2. Everyone understands that the "software on their systems intended to block phishing emails that could deliver dangerous viruses" is the fucking spam blocker, right?

Putting her speaking fee in perspective, Lewis Black gets $75,000-150,000 to speak (http://www.celebritytalent.net/sampletalent/852/lewis-black/)

I remember being told that Leslie West had something like a 15-20 page rider of demands when he played at Wake.

Hillary averages($250,000) more per speech than Bill Clinton($200,000) and George W Bush($150,000). Why is an ex Sec of State averaging more than two two-term Presidents?

Because W is a failed US POTUS and Bill has been around for longer than she has at that level.

As a certain Vermont Senator intimated, the honoraria is how you mule the influence in. Selling influence is illegal, of course.

Putting her speaking fee in perspective, Lewis Black gets $75,000-150,000 to speak

Pretty sure that Lewis Black is not being paid to give a speech. He's being paid to perform a comedy routine. Lets say he performed at a 3500 seat venue for $150,000- that would equal out to a little less than $45 per tix.

Pretty sure that Lewis Black is not being paid to give a speech. He's being paid to perform a comedy routine. Lets say he performed at a 3500 seat venue for $150,000- that would equal out to a little less than $45 per tix.

Actually this agency does both events and concerts. His corporate speech fee is about $60,000.

I'd go as far as "correct", but may stop short of "right." One thing that boy ain't, is right.

You never can just shut the fuck up and accept that someone else is correct? You've always got to have some stupid ass quip?

I seriously doubt that someone of Clinton's high moral standing would dole out favors or pass laws based on the nearly $50,000,000.00 that she was payed by top corporations.

She is a very entertaining speaker and I am sure the wisdom she imparted was what all that money was for.

Perhaps, but Giuliani wasn't pretending to be fighting Wall Street and big corporations on behalf of the common man and claiming to want to get money out of politics while he was taking those $700,000 speaking fees. There was no hypocrisy on the candidate's part.

Back