• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

https://thinkprogress.org/the-most-...eech-on-trump-s-racism-6cd03ef8e6d#.dwaiv4s2d

The Most Important Reaction To Hillary Clinton’s Speech On Trump’s Racism
The sound of silence.

You would expect the leaders and elected officials of the party to rally to his side, blast Clinton’s speech as a smear and demand an apology.

Instead, there has been silence.

Paul Ryan, the Republican Speaker of The House, has two Twitter accounts. Collectively the accounts have posted 31 times on Thursday. Five hours later, he’s posted nothing about the speech.

Mitch McConnell, the Senate Majority Leader, has three Twitter accounts. Five hours later, he’s posted nothing about the speech.

Reince Priebus, the chairman of the Republican Party, has a very active Twitter account. Five hours later, he’s posted nothing about the speech.

The official twitter account of the Republican Party, the organization supposedly devoted to electing Donald Trump the next President of The United States, has also been silent about the speech.

There is also nothing about the speech on the GOP.com website or blog.

i'm not aware that it's the Republican Party's job to call attention to the Democratic nominee's criticism of their candidate.

i'm not aware that it's the Republican Party's job to call attention to the Democratic nominee's criticism of their candidate.

Especially when the majority of them want nothing to do with him. Fox News has answered the call though with the "if Trump was a wine" news segment.

I'd think they'd attack the speech. Call it baseless. Defend their candidate as not racist.

Especially when the majority of them want nothing to do with him. Fox News has answered the call though with the "if Trump was a wine" news segment.

Fox is probably petrified that Trump, Breitbart and Aisles are about to blow them out of the water with their soon to be network.

I'd think they'd attack the speech. Call it baseless. Defend their candidate as not racist.

I believe Pubs are used to their candidates being called racist by Dems at this point. Will need something new from the playbook if it is going to register

No, they should've attacked it as "an unprecedented smear" or something like that. She fucking crushed him and no elected pub came to his defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, they should've attacked it as "an unprecedented smear" or something like that. She fucking crushed him and no elected pub came to his defense.

Pretty much. She crushed him this morning also. His interview with Cooper, and his spokesman's inability to answer a single policy question isn't helping.

Calling Hillary a "bigot" took the "unprecedented smear" attack angle (which could have worked) off the table.

#1 they hate him
#2 if they are in a close election they can't be tied to Brietbart's white supremacy
#3 they hate him

Did I mention they hate Trump?

In the past, it's the policies have been racist, the candidates haven't been.

Dole said he wanted racists out of the party. W said in a mosque that American Muslims loved America. McCain defended Obama against a racist.

Trump is different. He might not be racist, but he attracts and refuses to condemn those who are.

Sent from my Motorola Startac using Tapatalk

That ad is a fucking throat punch. We're going to be seeing it in NC every hour for two months.

Back