• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

I think the first debate should be more open and flexible, something like 5% and they must be on enough ballots to theoretically win. Then for the subsequent debates, raise the minimum to 15. Or do 10 for the second and 15 for the third. It is nearly impossible for a third party to get 15% without the national recognition that comes with being in a debate. If there's enough initial support, let them in and let people see where they they stand on issues and judge if they are legitimate candidates or not. When 2/3 of America wants Johnson in the debates and he's currently not meeting the debate requirements, it is time to change those requirements.

I like this idea too. I'd be fine adding a 4th debate to weed out a wider slate of candidates. If we can have over a dozen primary debates, why not have 4 general debates?

I ballparked a 35% minimum popular vote figuring that a successful 3rd party run would get low 40s in swing states and light red and light blue states and be completely uncompetitive in some deep blue and deep red states.

I hope trump posts a picture of
Himself eating a taco bowl during his visit to Mexico.

How is he going to do it? On a full sized plane, it takes about 3:45 to fly from LAX to Mexico City. Then it takes over 3 hours to fly from Mexico City to Phoenix.

Even if the meeting is 30 minutes from the airport and lasts an hour, it's 9 hours.

That's if everything goes perfectly.

He has a morning event in LA. I'm not holding my breath.

How is he going to do it? On a full sized plane, it takes about 3:45 to fly from LAX to Mexico City. Then it takes over 3 hours to fly from Mexico City to Phoenix.

Even if the meeting is 30 minutes from the airport and lasts an hour, it's 9 hours.

That's if everything goes perfectly.

He has a morning event in LA. I'm not holding my breath.

Putin

I'd love it if Trump got to Mexico and a page or gofer brought him a note, "We aren't paying for no stinkin wall."

It'd be really hilarious if he got down there and there was a problem in route to or from airport or plane maintenance problem that forced him to delay or miss the big immigration speech.

so i just saw the headline that trump is flying to Mexico to talk to El Presidente. What the actual fuck is going on here? This campaign continues to be the most bizarre thing ever.

99% chance that in his big speech Trump says "The President of Mexico agrees with me on this by the way" or "President Nieto said x" and El Presidente issues a statement contradicting him.

Maybe he's trying to find a way to delay his immigration speech again? Can a Presidential nominee really make a trip to a foreign country to meet a head of state happen in under 24 hours? The Secret Service must be ecstatic.

99% chance that in his big speech Trump says "The President of Mexico agrees with me on this by the way" or "President Nieto said x" and El Presidente issues a statement contradicting him.

Mexican President should wear a wire/make sure every room is bugged. No way Trump will accurately report their discussions. Nieto's approval ratings are in the tank, so clowning Trump would be a huge win for him.

99% chance that he says "I've just returned from Mexico, and they say they love me...."

Mexican President should wear a wire/make sure every room is bugged. No way Trump will accurately report their discussions. Nieto's approval ratings are in the tank, so clowning Trump would be a huge win for him.

Plus he's potentially alienating his entire anti-immigrant base by negotiating with/showing weakness to the enemy.

Maybe the President of Mexico will send his kid to meet with Trump and say, "You got Punk'd!"

If Arpaiao is with Trump at the speech in AZ, only a fool would believe anything positive Trump has to say. It's like hiring Steve Bannon and thinking Trump wants black votes.

Arpaio and AZ Governor Ducey will appear with Trump. Trump doesn't give a shit about the future of the GOP in AZ and the other two chuckleheads don't understand changing demographics. McCain and Flake do and consequently won't appear with Trump.

Grocery stores along the route of Trump's motorcade in Mexico City are saying they have sold out of eggs and tomatoes.

Grocery stores along the route of Trump's motorcade in Mexico City are saying they have sold out of eggs and tomatoes.

Trump already helping the Mexican economy.

A sinking ship raises all tides. :thumbsup:

Back