• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

Anyone who claims to think Trump will be a net positive is lying.

Anyone who thinks that the Republicans aren't going to gain more seats in the Senate in 2018 needs to have his head examined. And if Trump just does a decent job, they are going to gain a lot of seats in the Senate.

I would wager that after the 2020 elections, the GOP will have more Senate & House seats than they have now.

Last edited:
Considering that Trump has already committed crimes as President-elect. It's not even a lock that he'll be running in 2020. The GOP would not shed a single tear about impeaching him and making Pence POTUS.

Trump's "suggestions" that those doing business with the US government stay at Trump's hotels is patently illegal. "Suggesting" the UK and Scotland not put up wind turbines near his property to harm the views of his customers is clearly asking for benefits that are illegal. Using the office of POTUS to get the President of Argentina to giving Trump properties permits is clearly illegal.

Do you not have any liberal family members?

lol yes. I have a very wide range of family members race and political views. My family loves to debate and bust balls. Its not taken as serious on here in terms of people getting offended. Honestly for the record i enjoy everyone's banter on here and sense of humor. I am very seldom mad or offended although i have been told my posts come off that way.

I have thick skin and try to give as good as I take on here but for the most part use the boards for what they are....entertainment.

lol yes. I have a very wide range of family members race and political views. My family loves to debate and bust balls. Its not taken as serious on here in terms of people getting offended. Honestly for the record i enjoy everyone's banter on here and sense of humor. I am very seldom mad or offended although i have been told my posts come off that way.

I have thick skin and try to give as good as I take on here but for the most part use the boards for what they are....entertainment.

Share some #hottakes, 89. There's a whole thread for it.

Hillary would get a bunch of shit because she said she would accept the result, and was obviously just lying again !

If Hillary does contest the results then she may open up a can of worms. Stanford did a study after the Dem primary which showed that Bernie won the states with traceable paper ballots by a 54% to 46% average but lost the states with electronic voting by an average of 65% to 35%. Big differences!

Considering that Trump has already committed crimes as President-elect. It's not even a lock that he'll be running in 2020. The GOP would not shed a single tear about impeaching him and making Pence POTUS.

Trump's "suggestions" that those doing business with the US government stay at Trump's hotels is patently illegal. "Suggesting" the UK and Scotland not put up wind turbines near his property to harm the views of his customers is clearly asking for benefits that are illegal. Using the office of POTUS to get the President of Argentina to giving Trump properties permits is clearly illegal.

its gonna be a long 4 to 8 years for you. :popcorn:

It's gonna be at least 8 years before democrats can sniff control of any part of the government. It would take a serious scandal to get a foothold anywhere. The WH is the most likely, but both houses of Congress and SCOTUS are rock solid conservative.

I actually have some confidence that the free market will hold the line on social issues though. Similar to the HB2 backlash in NC. That's my hope at least that we don't slide back a few decades.

If Hillary does contest the results then she may open up a can of worms. Stanford did a study after the Dem primary which showed that Bernie won the states with traceable paper ballots by a 54% to 46% average but lost the states with electronic voting by an average of 65% to 35%. Big differences!

Those differences would be more concerning at the county or district level controlling for a range of factors.

It's gonna be at least 8 years before democrats can sniff control of any part of the government. It would take a serious scandal to get a foothold anywhere. The WH is the most likely, but both houses of Congress and SCOTUS are rock solid conservative.

I actually have some confidence that the free market will hold the line on social issues though. Similar to the HB2 backlash in NC. That's my hope at least that we don't slide back a few decades.

Barring something bizarre, the Dems can't win the House before 2032. The Senate is in play every year. If Notorious RPG hadn't been so greedy, the SCOTUS could have changed in 2021 or so.

It won't take anything other than Trump being himself to lose in 2020. People won't stay home.

Which laws have been broken?

Does the fact that he has not yet been sworn in as president matter?

Barring something bizarre, the Dems can't win the House before 2032. The Senate is in play every year. If Notorious RPG hadn't been so greedy, the SCOTUS could have changed in 2021 or so.

It won't take anything other than Trump being himself to lose in 2020. People won't stay home.

Senate is not in play every year. The GOP will pad their lead in the midterms.

Every other year for the Senate. Every time they are up for a vote. It's close enough.

Looking at 2018, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_elections,_2018 , not many are really competitive:

Flake -R AZ could be primaried and AZ is moving to be purple.
Donnelly - D IN - state becoming redder
Heller R NV - not that beloved
Heitkamp D ND but is very popular
Cruz- R TX -maybe one of the Castros could make this close

The others look to be pretty much of locks for both sides. It looks like 2012 had fewer clowns win than 2010.

Last edited:
I think this was a couple of grad students with a non peer reviewed analysis. Did it include caucuses which I imagine are paper balloted?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

RJ, why do you continue to make predictions? You made enough completely wrong predictions on the boards about the last election to fill a book. You have zero credibility when it comes to predicting political outcomes these days.

And now you are saying that the Senate will be in play in 2018? You and DeacsPop must have been drinking from the same jug.

bob, oh ye of no transactional morals, if you look at the people who are up for re-election in 2018, and what 07 posted, all I showed was the more likely scenario.

I was hardly alone in missing Trump's election.

Of course few, if anyone on this board has shown as little backbone and true sense of morals as you have. Agree or disagree with ELC or Wrangor, at least they have a real belief system. You don't.

Back