• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

Similar in Dallas. I've seen exactly 1 Trump sign and 1 Hillary sign. 0 bumper stickers since the primaries.

Even if I vote for her, why would I want to memorialize that on my car? I wouldn't do that for most politicians and definitely not for her. As opposed to most Trump supporters who are ardent and who probably have 1 on their bumper next to their stars and bars bumper sticker.

I see the lack of signs and stickers as a definite change from 2012 and other elections.

I expect this will hurt him with gun folks in the West. Rural Colorado and Nevada will be far less enthusiastic about a candidate that support law enforcement's right to take your guns away.

Not their guns. Guns from people who shouldn't have them. Try to keep up.

She's still up in WI. No Republican has won in WI since 1984.

WI is very white without a ton of college grads. OTOH, Cruz won the Pub primary there with the help of Walker and a WI right wing radio host who is very anti Trump. Trump has also been warring off and on with Ryan. I would guess that more traditional Pubs are voting Clinton or Johnson in WI than on average. Clinton has been up there in the 3-7% range pretty consistently. WI is definitely a lean Clinton state, but it's no sure thing.

The states that are surprising me more than most are my own VA and NC. VA has more educated whites than average, but it's still a pretty strongly religious state with a ton of protestant evangelicals and not a lot of Catholics, Jews and Mormons (who tend not to be as fond of Trump). I had thought Clinton would win VA but that it would be close, but all the polls have her like 6-10% ahead. And I had thought NC would be somewhat close but a Trump win. But maybe more pro business folks who often vote Pub don't like what HB2 is doing to business in NC and are against Trump, Burr and McCrory? Or what else explains the close race within a couple of points either way there?

I expect this will hurt him with gun folks in the West. Rural Colorado and Nevada will be far less enthusiastic about a candidate that support law enforcement's right to take your guns away.

Doubt it. They know he only wants to take black people's guns away.

Can't speak to any of the others, but the Boston Herald is an interesting one. He is polling at 19% (or around there) as you said, but the sample of black voters is pretty odd (read: likely not representative). Of those sampled in the poll - and I forget the exact numbers but was talking about it last week with some friends and found the data, I'll try to find it again - there were something like 113 black people and only 76 of those had voted for Obama in the last election. Obama received around 93% of the black vote in 2012 so to have 76/113 (or a similar ratio) as your representative group is an...interesting decision.

UNSKEW THE POLLS

Trump supporters are far less likely to vandalize.

bill-haverchuck-laughing.gif

birdman, you might be interested in this.

I see the lack of signs and stickers as a definite change from 2012 and other elections.

History may likely prove that Obama was a once-in-a-generation candidate/President, so his election cycles ultimately become outliers. It's more likely that we get Turd Sandwich vs. Giant Douche every four years with victory margins that are significantly thinner than 08/12

I miss the days of 4 years ago where regardless of who won I felt relatively ok about my future

I probably see more old Obama stickers than Hillary and Trump stickers combined.

I probably see more old Obama stickers than Hillary and Trump stickers combined.

I see a lot of Trump Pence stickers around Alabama. The only Hillary stickers I see are "Hillary for Prison, 2016" stickers. I still see Bernie stickers pretty frequently, not just my own though.

Back