• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

George Zimmerman

1. Zimmerman said he looked like he was on drugs, so it would take away one of the points that Zimmerman was profiling Martin. He also said "they always get away with it before even stopping him
2. Martin may have become paranoid due to the THC, prompting him to confront Zimmerman. Of course, that paranoia may have made him timid.Allegedly the THC was in minute traces. It stays in your system for a month.
3. Some apparently believe THC can make someone aggressive. In my experience that aggressiveness would be limited to competing for munchies.

FWIW, the defense argued that the convenience store video showed TM "swaying" as he was buying the skittles and iced tea.

Also expect them to have an expert say that marijuana can make someone paranoid - which they will argue made it more like that TM saw GZ, got paranoid, and attacked.

Pretty much every black guy in FL sways like that.

So the defense's argument may be that Martin was on drugs and paranoid that someone was following him so he attacked the guy who was following him.

The defenses argument is to introduce doubt. They have done that and more. Zimmerman in my opinion is guilty of at least manslaughter but the evidence presented is going to acquit him and I don't think it will be close.

Just a difficult case to prove guilt. Not sure what the prosecution could have really done unless there is some sort of smoking gun that we do not know about.

I haven't followed this case closely, but it seems like the prosecutor's goal was more to show to the public that they had no case than to try and convict Zimmerman.

I think Zimmerman was in the wrong to follow Martin and engage him, but a conviction isn't happening. Prosecutor made sure that happened though.

Really smart move by the defense yesterday to call GZ's personal trainer to the stand. Not only was he able to show what "ground and pound" means to a bunch of women who probably have never watched MMA, but he also essentially called GZ a pussy who couldn't fight. He wasn't able to properly throw a punch even after a year of training.

Really smart move by the defense yesterday to call GZ's personal trainer to the stand. Not only was he able to show what "ground and pound" means to a bunch of women who probably have never watched MMA, but he also essentially called GZ a pussy who couldn't fight. He wasn't able to properly throw a punch even after a year of training.

That fat ass had a personal trainer? I would think his inability to fight could cut both ways, though. He may have been more prone than the reasonable person to use the gun.

He had lost around 50-80 pounds in the year leading up to the confrontation.

aXJnyM6.png

Now, his body type has changed significantly:

gfxpx.gif

He had lost around 50-80 pounds in the year leading up to the confrontation.

Now, his body type has changed significantly:

gfxpx.gif

Every time I see that picture of RJ, in my head I hear: "Sure, maybe in 1985, you can just plutonium from the corner store. BUT in 1955 it's a little harder to come by."

The doctor the defense is using also testified to support Drew Peterson about what happened.

Court went until 10PM arguing over expert testimony and admitting Trayvon's text messages.

I don't see how they can let the prosecution introduce evidence about Zimmerman taking MMA classes and not allowing the texts about Tray on fighting.

I understand the authentication issue to some degree but the phone had two separate passwords.

Texts not coming in. I didn't hear the reasoning behind the ruling, but I'm guessing the judge wouldn't allow them based on authentication grounds.

Texts not coming in. I didn't hear the reasoning behind the ruling, but I'm guessing the judge wouldn't allow them based on authentication grounds.

I think the rationale was that it was more prejudicial than probative, especially in light of the authentication issues.

Query: If there were no concealed carry in Florida, but you were allowed to carry the gun in plain sight, would this have happened? I tend to think not, but then again, we "heard" reports that TM may have seen the gun and said "now you're going to die" or something along those lines.

Query: If there were no concealed carry in Florida, but you were allowed to carry the gun in plain sight, would this have happened? I tend to think not, but then again, we "heard" reports that TM may have seen the gun and said "now you're going to die" or something along those lines.

Go one step farther. What if Zimmerman didn't have a gun at all?

It's funny to me when people who don't smoke marijuana talk about it like they do.

And it is a very good defense to use against Martin because chances are the jury doesn't know anything about marijuana either.

Back